Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233405

• Dave937
  • Dave937's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello DogFighters,

I'm a couple weeks into this game and i have a lot of questions on how to succeed in this game....The chat functionality is a bit out of date(while in a fight) and would seem more realistic if there were friends available to chat with while on a voice chat app...I am used to TeamSpeak and Skype( both free )... I think a lot of people would benefit from using this feature...feel free to hit me up here or in game...

Dave937

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233424

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
This is, as it has always been, a great idea. Unless something has changed that I'm not aware of, there's fundamental differences in how Apple and Android systems handle audio, so this has never been something that could be implemented w/o a huge amount of effort; and with all of the platforms that are now available for DF, there's no way that it could be done. (Unless, as I said, there has been some kind of standardization.)

Oh, and welcome to the forum! Don't worry about in-game chat, you'll get used to typing in your downtime. It gets easy enough to do quickly when you're not in a firefight. People are courteous enough to wait for you to respond.
See you in the skies!

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233427

• GreyNade
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • AKA LEGENDS |Zeek The Fre@k • [LF]*Z FrE@k*
  • Thank you received: 158
This could happen...but the lag will increase!! :dry: ...which will cause more SUPER LAG... :S
Better... chuck this idea
I Am a FrE@k...!!!

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233429

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Actually, truth be known...

It is a great idea. So great in fact that many different groups use various apps for voice and text chat which operate independantly of the game. Some apps are more convenient than others. The funny thing is that for the most part, groups keep quiet about it like a precious secret (and it sort of is one.) Part of Echobooms rules prohibit the exchange of personal information in game or on the forum. Most of the information is exchanged in private messages so most of it is not openly discussed.

Personally, I think open voice channels would potentially be a great contribution to the game but the problems that would come from moderating such a thing... Ugh! It is probably best used in small private groups. A developement that would really help without much hassel would be 'team chat', so you can chat with blues without the reds being able to see.

If you start a voice chat channel of your own be careful how you set it up. There have been some disturbingly persistant and resourceful trolls around here. Make sure no one can get your private info and that you can kick someone if they become a problem.

Cheers
B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233439

• [e]hammer_tool
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ut malleus omnia similis clavum
  • Thank you received: 1285

could use team chat on a second device (laptop etc) while playing

ut malleus omnia similis clavum

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233454

• [e]hammer_tool
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ut malleus omnia similis clavum
  • Thank you received: 1285

yeah, although if I troll was on voice chat... I might get violent. keeping it in squad as a paid for service would be cool. or linking it as part of the friends list maybe?

ut malleus omnia similis clavum

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233455

• [*M]bhfoust
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Rock'n the tank since 2012
  • Thank you received: 8857
The following user(s) said Thank You: --J--, [NLR] McFate, The War Doctor

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233460

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012
Yes we use a chat line so what! At least I would respect your privacy enough buy not putting info on the open forum. You want my credit card numbers to post to the public? But to put our channels out on the open forum I have lost all respect for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, GreyNade, [*M]Comet, Barf Simpson

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233461

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
it's just not possible to do on mobile. This would be limited to desktop computers and really, it creates lot of side issues: monitoring, speed, setting up servers, and so on. I think we don't want to pay more $ just for that right now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [BE]--SICK--, [NLR] McFate, Slash, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233471

• [*M]yNuts
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4141
WELL BUCK, YOUR OWN MOM SQUAD USES SOME TYPE OF COMMUNICATION BETWEEN EACH OTHER. WE ALL KNEW THAT FOR A LONG LONG TIME. I GUESS YOU WERE NOT INCLUDED IN THEIR REINDEER GAMES! WONDER WHY?? ANSWER..BECAUSE YOU HAVE A BIG MOUTH AND ARE NOT TRUSTED!! SHIT BUCK, WE ALL KNEW THAT...WHAT ROCK DID YOU JUST CRAWL OUT FROM UNDER!! YOUR OWN SQUAD KEPT THAT SECRET FROM YOU...LOL, AND YOU WONDER WHY...WELL YOU JUST ASNSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION..ROTFLMAO!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, GreyNade, [*M]Comet

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233474

• [*M]bzerkbzerk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 6993

Buckgeo wrote: When all you discredit someone online and in world chat, better to make sure he is not not actually telling the truth.
I believe all you owe Dirt an apology for mocking him on the forums, WC. Calling him a drunk was a bit over the top.

No privacy violated here, anyone can creat an account and serch a term.
Note: I did not post your private conversations.

OK Buck?Whiplash,

You should also get the whole story as well before you stick your nose in a pile of something you might not like. Just because you trolled a few minutes of the wc doesn't entitle you a voice concerning any person on or in forum.

Or would you prefer to put everyone's dirty laundry here for all to make some sort of distorted opinion about. Hell why not, you are still butt hurt over an incident that had nothing to do with us, so you decide to become the defender of the universe.

Distorted opinions, jealousy and psychodrama are the norm around here. So lets all hold hands and sing a campfire song and maybe there will be some hugs exchanged in the end. What's that popular song? coma something.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, [*M]TBUILT, [*M]yNuts, [*M]ONSTER CANNON, [*M]Comet

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233475

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167
Buck...Wow out of all people...smh :angry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, [*M]yNuts, GreyNade, [*M]Comet

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233477

• [*M]Comet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Take off eh!
  • Thank you received: 11899
Removed
Bannerless and naked. Whatever...
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, [*M]yNuts, GreyNade

Last edit: by [*M]Comet.

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233478

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7264
Holy shit, when did the bomb drop? Oh crap, hear comes the blaming Ghost for all this! The texts have already started. Thanks Pete, for all the great insults while and accusing me of starting it. ;) Lets see what else I can do while I'm off the game and forum! :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]yNuts

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233482

• [*M]bzerkbzerk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[*M]bzerkbzerk wrote:

Buckgeo wrote: When all you discredit someone online and in world chat, better to make sure he is not not actually telling the truth.
I believe all you owe Dirt an apology for mocking him on the forums, WC. Calling him a drunk was a bit over the top.

No privacy violated here, anyone can creat an account and serch a term.
Note: I did not post your private conversations.

OK Buck?Whiplash,

You should also get the whole story as well before you stick your nose in a pile of something you might not like. Just because you trolled a few minutes of the wc doesn't entitle you a voice concerning any person on or in forum.

Or would you prefer to put everyone's dirty laundry here for all to make some sort of distorted opinion about. Hell why not, you are still butt hurt over an incident that had nothing to do with us, so you decide to become the defender of the universe.

Distorted opinions, jealousy and psychodrama are the norm around here. So lets all hold hands and sing a campfire song and maybe there will be some hugs exchanged in the end. What's that popular song? coma something.

Here's a news flash since you seem to demand an apology. I have endured attack, after attack on the forum and world chat, do you see me crying about it? demanding an apology?

My god man, dirt called me hitler on world chat, big wooop. Apparently, I have some great power that I wasn't aware of, but only certain few are privy to this. Some how I am able to control the minds of grown men and women, news to me, but hey if that justifies the open and covert attacks from cowards, then so be it.

Let's see, this is beginning to sound familiar. Like when one convinced a small squad that M.O.M. was the bad guy and it was our duty to go after the big bully of Dogfight. You see buck, you don't know this, you haven't been around long enough to know where all that tension and drama between M.O.M. and Misfits originated from and how much we hated the drama that followed. However it is there and once in awhile a little poke sets off a shit storm. Again, maybe you should look at the source of info before you decide to demand shit from anyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, [*M]yNuts, [*M]Comet

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233486

• [*M]yNuts
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
OHH GREG, YOU ARE SOO WELCOME, GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN!! MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, [*M]Comet

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233487

• [*M]Comet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Take off eh!

{R*} GreyGhost wrote: Holy shit, when did the bomb drop? Oh crap, hear comes the blaming Ghost for all this! The texts have already started. Thanks Pete, for all the great insults while and accusing me of starting it. ;) Lets see what else I can do while I'm off the game and forum! :whistle:

You're either pretty high on yourself or paranoid...where in this thread is your name mentioned? You say you don't like drama yet here you are!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, [*M]TBUILT, [*M]yNuts

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233489

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[M]Comet wrote:

{R*} GreyGhost wrote: Holy shit, when did the bomb drop? Oh crap, hear comes the blaming Ghost for all this! The texts have already started. Thanks Pete, for all the great insults while and accusing me of starting it. ;) Lets see what else I can do while I'm off the game and forum! :whistle:

You're either pretty high on yourself or paranoid...where in this thread is your name mentioned? You say you don't like drama yet here you are!

Your right, my name wasn't mentioned. That's way I asked the question! Duh!

Neither comet. See when your told that your the reason for the drama that's going on every on this forum, you come to expect that you will be blamed sooner or later.

Drama, that the reason I stay off the forum is because of drama! Tired of certain misfits blaming me for what happens, even when I'm not in game or on forum.

Now if you'll excuse me, my Xbox awaits!

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233490

• [*M]yNuts
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
GHOST, I GUESS THIS MEANS YOUR NOT GOING TO KISS ME UNDER THE MISTLETOE???!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]bhfoust, [*M]Comet

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233493

• [*M]Comet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Take off eh!

{R*} GreyGhost wrote:

[M]Comet wrote:

Your right, my name wasn't mentioned. That's way I asked the question! Duh!

Neither comet. See when your told that your the reason for the drama that's going on every on this forum, you come to expect that you will be blamed sooner or later.

Drama, that the reason I stay off the forum is because of drama! Tired of certain misfits blaming me for what happens, even when I'm not in game or on forum.

Now if you'll excuse me, my Xbox awaits!

DUH huh?
Thanks for clarifying your position. I just thought you were arrogant trying to squeeze your ass in and be the centre piece of a discussion that doesn't concern you...again...my bad...DUH...thanks for straightening me out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, [*M]yNuts, Weather[*M]an

Last edit: by [*M]Comet.

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233494

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Relax everybody.

The cat is out of the bag, has been for a while really. No need for drama. No more subterfuge required. Heck, it might be nice now that you don't have to go and edit posts made by squad mates with innocent intent. :lol:

Zello is not he only app out there and its not all about one squad. Squads that I know who have at least some members who use voice chat include:

Misfits,
NLR,
GI,
TBH,
ReJects,
Devils Dragons

I'm under no delusions that I know of all of them. So what? It is a good resource and any channel owner can block anyone. Many people with access and knowledge decide not to use it because it requires an entire new level of involvement and not everyone is that into dogfight.

Relax. It's a game.

By the way, to avoid lag issues use a second device for chat so it doesn't interfere with your flying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233498

• [*M]bzerkbzerk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

McFate wrote: Relax everybody.

The cat is out of the bag, has been for a while really. No need for drama. No more subterfuge required. Heck, it might be nice now that you don't have to go and edit posts made by squad mates with innocent intent. :lol:

Zello is not he only app out there and its not all about one squad. Squads that I know who have at least some members who use voice chat include:

Misfits,
NLR,
GI,
TBH,
ReJects,
Devils Dragons

I'm under no delusions that I know of all of them. So what? It is a good resource and any channel owner can block anyone. Many people with access and knowledge decide not to use it because it requires an entire new level of involvement and not everyone is that into dogfight.

Relax. It's a game.

By the way, to avoid lag issues use a second device for chat so it doesn't interfere with your flying.

The cat was out long ago, no news there. Others were using something well before us. I think my point at least is simple, keep your nose out of something you have no interest in. Demanding apologies, little attacks here and there, which correspond with the start of an unmentioned squad. So fate, you're not exactly settling anything.

Again, maybe some research before jumping on board a thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, [*M]Comet

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233507

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
My intention here was to give a new player/forum user real information about his question.

Showing the screenshots of your channels was a bit underhanded. Shame on you buck. :P :lol:

Too bad there is so much bad blood here. It is really ridiculous sometimes. It takes more than one person to have an argument. Don't make such a big deal about things and they won't be such a big deal.

:lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, RT, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233508

• RT
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 424
Seems like someone stirred up a whole big pot of crazy!

Just sayin'
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [NLR] McFate, ZebraUp

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233511

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ya know, it's almost a shame when one gets attacked for asking a question and making a truthful statement. Two years ago, this would be considered bantering. Now it's all insults and drama. :unsure:

Fate your words are true my friend.

Comet, lol, funny post. See comet I know this isn't about me, I was just making an obvious statment. Your making it should like I have no right to talk! Hahaha Well to let you know, every one has the right to speak what they want. Who the hell are you to say any thing about my post?
The following user(s) said Thank You: RT, [*M]Comet

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233515

• [*M]bhfoust
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Rock'n the tank since 2012
  • Thank you received: 8857
Sorry Dave for hijacking your thread :S
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Comet

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233516

• [*M]Comet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Take off eh!

{R*} GreyGhost wrote: Ya know, it's almost a shame when one gets attacked for asking a question and making a truthful statement. Two years ago, this would be considered bantering. Now it's all insults and drama. :unsure:

Fate your words are true my friend.

Comet, lol, funny post. See comet I know this isn't about me, I was just making an obvious statment. Your making it should like I have no right to talk! Hahaha Well to let you know, every one has the right to speak what they want. Who the hell are you to say any thing about my post?

You're absolutely right, GG and I wasn't saying you don't have the right to speak, by all means, flap away on whatever you want. Thanks for putting me in my place again...you view me as saying you can't talk and I view you as arrogant, thinking everything comes back to you...fine. We're done here, you can even have the last word on this...

Fate, if you're gonna keep taking the high road every time, put on some underwear under that kilt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, [NLR] McFate

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233518

• [*M]bzerkbzerk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

McFate wrote: My intention here was to give a new player/forum user real information about his question.

Showing the screenshots of your channels was a bit underhanded. Shame on you buck. :P :lol:

Too bad there is so much bad blood here. It is really ridiculous sometimes. It takes more than one person to have an argument. Don't make such a big deal about things and they won't be such a big deal.

:lol:

Then you should have started a thread, hmm New Platform for players or something like that. Nope to easy when you can come on a thread started after one decided to lash out against his friends on wc the other night, guess were not friends anymore. Key word here is the other night, couple days passed and here is a thread started by one who has no clue as to what took place and you all are licking the spoon with your opinion.

Big deal, well maybe I'm just tired of seeing all the petty little hurt feeling attacks by people who chose the road they now travel. Again, research is a vital tool in any comment upon a subject if you choose to respond.

Or as you once coined, STFU and play the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, [*M]yNuts, [*M]Comet

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233527

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Lol,

Still in my chair but definitely Lol!

I had no idea there was any recent discussion about zello, by dirt or anyone else. I haven't even been on the NLR channel lately. I'm not here for the drama bz. I've been too busy with the story thread to pay attention to the latest undie bunching.

My whole "STFU" thread was a campaign to stop all of the worthless complaining about how other people play.

Comet, If the "high road" means not insulting or blaming , please there is plenty of room to walk side by side singing kumbaya. No need to look up my kilt. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [*M]Comet

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Voice Chat 9 years 4 months ago #233542

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167

McFate wrote: Lol,

Still in my chair but definitely Lol!

I had no idea there was any recent discussion about zello, by dirt or anyone else. I haven't even been on the NLR channel lately. I'm not here for the drama bz. I've been too busy with the story thread to pay attention to the latest undie bunching.

My whole "STFU" thread was a campaign to stop all of the worthless complaining about how other people play.

Comet, If the "high road" means not insulting or blaming , please there is plenty of room to walk side by side singing kumbaya. No need to look up my kilt. :lol:

Um...ill stray from looking up kilts :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [NLR] McFate

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.527 seconds