Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Why so little fuel 5 years 1 month ago #376072

• [*M] Pagan
  • [*M] Pagan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Live every day as if it's your last cos one day...
  • Thank you received: 4857
Zup , why have you decided to give the planes so little fuel , if like me , you like to make an attack and return to base to reload , you can now only do this by flying directly to and from the bases. You have denied us the fun of a surprise ( or as some call it ) a sneak attack. I can understand your thinking if the idea was to stop camping but by limiting the amount of fuel to so little you have taken away a very important and fun part of the game.
Is there any way you could make it possible to make long range fuel tanks , like we can upgrade speed, manoverabilty etc. Or possible a couple of fuel dumps out on the outer edges of the map.
The game has started to become fun again ,and I thank you for that ,but the lack of fuel is a step backwards.
May the ancestors look down upon your achievements and smile.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular, AGNI_VEER, [M]LtDan nhouse

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Why so little fuel 5 years 1 month ago #376073

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034

[*M] Pagan wrote: Zup , why have you decided to give the planes so little fuel , if like me , you like to make an attack and return to base to reload , you can now only do this by flying directly to and from the bases. You have denied us the fun of a surprise ( or as some call it ) a sneak attack. I can understand your thinking if the idea was to stop camping but by limiting the amount of fuel to so little you have taken away a very important and fun part of the game.
Is there any way you could make it possible to make long range fuel tanks , like we can upgrade speed, manoverabilty etc. Or possible a couple of fuel dumps out on the outer edges of the map.
The game has started to become fun again ,and I thank you for that ,but the lack of fuel is a step backwards.

You can buy more fuel but fair warning... you better be sitting down when you see the price!! I went to buy fuel for the top WWII planes and Zup wants over 4 MILLION credits for 1 click more of fuel... That is more than I can earn in a year!! just for a bit of gas for 1 plane
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Last edit: by nebular.

Why so little fuel 5 years 1 month ago #376074

• [*M] Pagan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I only fly ww1 and my top tier planes are maxed out so my range cannot be increased : (

The following user(s) said Thank You: AGNI_VEER

Why so little fuel 5 years 1 month ago #376081

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
I only play WWI as well. I ran out for first time yesterday. My engine sputtered and I landed on a hill. I turned the wheel, rolled and hit a tree and blew up. Back in the air! :)

Nebular, that is some serious coin for gas. Yikes!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, nebular

Why so little fuel 5 years 1 month ago #376088

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
Yep, i have run out of fuel. I suggest that maybe new strategies are in order. Maybe designate one of your team to be a bomber for instance. Other teammates dogfight to provide cover. Aplane up high as bomber could force defenders to try and climb to intercept and be picked off by teammates. Just one variation that comes to mind. To my thinking it bings new strategy into the game.
So now the whiners need to put on the big boy pants and fight. The namecallers should just be ignored because they just want you to play their game. Dont do it. Its a new game now and i like it.
As to fuel usage the slower your flight the less fuel used.fly slowly until contact is made, then throttle up and fight. Carry fewer bombs= less fuel used. Now you can re-think one plane finishing a game in one run.
I think it was Oswald Boelke who advised against dogfighting over an enemy base, now they have all the fuel advantage.
Ok, so i was long winded, last point here is if you have to buy points, do it. Do it as you can afford, i have bought points which also benefits my squaddies. Think about this, Zuperman needs to make money, and i am in favor of him doing so.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, nebular, Cush62, Pegoud

Why so little fuel 5 years 1 month ago #376105

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138

Nebular wrote:

[*M] Pagan wrote: Zup , why have you decided to give the planes so little fuel , if like me , you like to make an attack and return to base to reload , you can now only do this by flying directly to and from the bases. You have denied us the fun of a surprise ( or as some call it ) a sneak attack. I can understand your thinking if the idea was to stop camping but by limiting the amount of fuel to so little you have taken away a very important and fun part of the game.

You can buy more fuel but fair warning... you better be sitting down when you see the price!! I went to buy fuel for the top WWII planes and Zup wants over 4 MILLION credits for 1 click more of fuel... That is more than I can earn in a year!! just for a bit of gas for 1 plane

4 million? That doesn’t sound right. Not even an airplane cost that right now. Can you please share a screenshot?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo

Last edit: by zuperman.

Why so little fuel 5 years 1 month ago #376106

• [*M] Pagan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Not whining just expressing a point of view.

Why so little fuel 5 years 1 month ago #376107

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034

zuperman wrote:

Nebular wrote:

4 million? That doesn’t sound right. Not even an airplane cost that right now. Can you please share a screenshot?

OK, I have the screenshot but need to figure out how to post it here... file size limitation... I emailed it... Thanks for looking into this... Win10
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan

Last edit: by nebular.

Why so little fuel 5 years 1 month ago #376109

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
Nebular,
if you go to top of page 39 of WP Forum Alex has written out instructions on how to post pics. Use Imgur and copy the BB code. Hope that helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, Acegirl, nebular

Why so little fuel 5 years 1 month ago #376269

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Please check the notes on the new update I posted on announcements for 1.1.4
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, [*M] Pagan, Acegirl, Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}, Alex Galt, Pegoud

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.506 seconds