Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375705

• R E Z
  • R  E   Z's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 771

The game has improved and the battles are much better without the ww2 planes… that was a stupid move mixing them up.
So if you can give it another try youll see its much better… plus the scenery is better than the early versions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, V.Huntress War, Pegoud

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375706

• [*M] Pagan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Live every day as if it's your last cos one day...
  • Thank you received: 4857
Let me know when zup gets rid of the bullet drop and I might play more often!
May the ancestors look down upon your achievements and smile.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., . B.52!, dognamitt

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375707

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806
. .
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, [M]LtDan nhouse, Pegoud

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375708

• Alex Galt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3775
lol

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375712

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
AS we have been told my the dogfight gods .The bullet drop is never going to go no matter how many people ask. It was voted on and we all know it was introduced any way and zup wont listen to his paying clients ]

[*M] Pagan wrote: Let me know when zup gets rid of the bullet drop and I might play more often!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., [*M] Pagan

Last edit: by dognamitt.

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375716

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
It was voted and people voted they wanted it. Then months later people that didn’t like it created another vote without asking me to publish it and mostly the people that didn’t want it voted. But the original vote stands. It was very clear why they wanted it: bigger screens had a huge advantage over smaller ones and it was unrealistic to shoot as a laser.
Now, I’m bored of those insults and macho comments. If you can’t be respectful I’ll take mesures. I always listen and then have to make choices that some don’t like. That’s life. But that doesn’t justify anyone to disrespect
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, R E Z, chickenlittle, Pegoud, Gideons Sword

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375717

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
i apologise but the bullet drop doesnt work it did when elite first came out i was a early adopter. But as the game has progressed it seems out of sync,can i ask how many of the people who voted for it are still playing ? . i can hit one plane one minute and the next game same player i have to aim different

zuperman wrote: It was voted and people voted they wanted it. Then months later people that didn’t like it created another vote without asking me to publish it and mostly the people that didn’t want it voted. But the original vote stands. It was very clear why they wanted it: bigger screens had a huge advantage over smaller ones and it was unrealistic to shoot as a laser.
Now, I’m bored of those insults and macho comments. If you can’t be respectful I’ll take mesures. I always listen and then have to make choices that some don’t like. That’s life. But that doesn’t justify anyone to disrespect

The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, Gideons Sword

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375720

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

I am pretty sure I voted for bullet drop and I am still playing. I have told Dognammit before that I also experience inconsistency with the bullet drop but not how he described. Mine varies player by player, but remains consistent for each individual player. For instance if I aim really high to hit, say, Dognamitt, I always aim in the same place to hit him even though I have to shoot almost directly at frits to hit him.

Just kidding, I rarely hit frits, but that is an explanation of how my bullet drop varies. Once I figure out how to aim at each different player it seems pretty consistent.

The introduction of bullet drop taught me how to fight head on. Prior to bullet drop I couldn't hit anyone from a distance and had to jink my way close to them before I could engage with any chance for success. I didn't stand a chance prior to bullet drop to hit a target at distance. Now at least I will give it a go and get lucky now and again.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, dognamitt, nebular

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375722

• [*M] Pagan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Live every day as if it's your last cos one day...
  • Thank you received: 4857
No disrespect here Zup , but how many people played prior to the drop compared to the numbers playing now. How many new player’s stick around nowadays compared to before the drop. The drop is too inconsistent if newbies can get some kills ( by aiming at the target instead of where the think the bulletins may go) they might just stick around. There are many shooting games around if people can’t get kills they won’t stick around to get used to the drop. Let’s face it this game isn’t great on realism but it’s great fun ,so why stick with making it “realistic” just make it fun again please.
May the ancestors look down upon your achievements and smile.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., Acegirl, R E Z, dognamitt

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375723

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012
I have to disagree on the screen size making any difference on how well someone was able to shoot at long range, I was one of those average long distance shooter's back in the day and I played on an 8" screen and it took several years to master it wasn't like I or anyone else was able to shoot at long range right off the bat. No it took years of practice and patience some of the best shooters played on a phone not a 50" TV, Blue max for instance played on a tablet or a phone depending on if he was lazer shooting or dogfighting, Hulk and Davy tablets and they were down right killer's.
I also have to agree with Viper every player is different and not consistent with anyone else when it comes to hit points not sure if that's a distance thing or not but what I do know is when there's just a couple plane distances between the planes you're shooting at the point were there isn't any drop and you can actually see the bullets hitting but get nothing something not right.

I absolutely believe things would be different if you tweaked that a bit or just went back to the way it was you would have players returning to the game.
I'm one of those players who would for sure there wasn't a better game than what once was df.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, [*M] Pagan, Acegirl, [*M]Comet, R E Z, dognamitt

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375724

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4450
Waddaya mean OLD timers!!!
I'll be back! (If I can get Dogfight to work again on my gereatric tablet!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, R E Z, dognamitt, Pegoud

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375725

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
are you the guy in the middle?

Gannet wrote: Waddaya mean OLD timers!!!
I'll be back! (If I can get Dogfight to work again on my gereatric tablet!

The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375728

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Last edit: by Gannet.

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375729

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
No, this guy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, R E Z, dognamitt

Last edit: by Gannet.

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375738

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173
Played a few games for the first time in a long time. Was fun, especially the BTB game! I saw some old faces too! I do wish the bullet drop and trees were gone though, like the original game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, . B.52!, R E Z, dognamitt

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375739

• Gizmo.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 908

zuperman wrote: It was voted and people voted they wanted it. Then months later people that didn’t like it created another vote without asking me to publish it and mostly the people that didn’t want it voted. But the original vote stands. It was very clear why they wanted it: bigger screens had a huge advantage over smaller ones and it was unrealistic to shoot as a laser.

. Sorry Zup but there wa only one vote,and it was no bullit drop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NLR| MeanDragon

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375740

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789

Can't you make it an option. Bullet Drop or Straight Shooting like server choice or give a month for straight shooting and check the players strength.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, NLR| MeanDragon, Cypher7{WP}

Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375741

• NLR| MeanDragon
  • Thank you received: 54

I agree with BlueFighter. That will do no harm. we can check the strength of the people for ourselves.

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375744

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
i don't remember the vote so i went back and did a search i think your putting spin on it here is the screen shot says 50% said keep it as is

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., R E Z, V.Huntress War

More like the old game again OLDTIMERS return! 5 years 2 months ago #375746

• Huckleberry
  • Thank you received: 36
For android users the trees look like black skyscrapers and opaque " can't see through" for you misfits.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.509 seconds