Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Jet hogs- you know who you are 5 years 11 months ago #371266

• R E Z
  • R  E   Z's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 771

The jet freaks have ruined the fun in this (once great) game. Zup can say all is equal but that’s bulls_hit. Those few who insist on jets (every game) do so because they aren’t as successful when they fly a bi-plane and have proven themselves to lack the success that they have in a jet.
Why? Because jets are faster in spiral bomb attacks (their favorite tactic).
Why? Because they can carry more bombs. Two jets fully loaded and BTC games are over in one pass. How much fun is that?
Why? Their rate of climb is greater.
Why? Because zup has profited from these jets might be the biggest reason. Yes I bought one fully loaded (but that’s when I was led to believe there would be a separate WW2 option.. not a way to polute WW1). I don’t use it cause it’s totally unfair.

If you voice unfairness the reply is usually “Zup says it’s all fair” or “I bought it and I’m gonna use it” IT’S TOTALLY UNFAIR!

Historically it’s wrong also... and stupid. In WW2 at best the impact of jets was minimal and supply was limited, but we have to endure facing jets every 30 seconds or so... game after game with no limit.
But zup has made the game tilted against those who prefer WW1 flying by allowing history to overlap by several decades. Embarrassing to anyone with a sense of history. I’m sure it turns off new users who respect history.

At this rate Zup will offer an expensive stealth fighter (or flying saucer) that will be virtually indestructible but expensive... the “jetters” will whine but zup will say it’s fair.

Hint: shooting jets head on gets best results if you slightly sweep your aim across the wing span plane. If incoming jet is spiraling only luck can hit the plane as the processor lag can’t keep up with the math required. You can tail a jet firing constantly ‘dead on’ but never register a hit.

Above is the reason I will quit this game and if it ever becomes a WW1 game again please notify me and maybe I’ll come back (as well might some of the greats who left this game over this rediculous WW1/WW2 STUPID merger.
If you fly your jet against biplanes and disagree with this post may you blackout from high G forces.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., V.Huntress War, dognamitt, nebular, chickenlittle, ®Gamekeeper©™, [NLR] Doonesbury

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Jet hogs- you know who you are 5 years 11 months ago #371267

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
here here rez well saidto play the loop da loop without even engaging enmey or firing a shot isnt a dogfight is it ? the essence of the game has gone

R E Z wrote: The jet freaks have ruined the fun in this (once great) game. Zup can say all is equal but that’s bulls_hit. Those few who insist on jets (every game) do so because they aren’t as successful when they fly a bi-plane and have proven themselves to lack the success that they have in a jet.
Why? Because they can carry more bombs. Two jets fully loaded and BTC games are over in one pass. How much fun is that?
Why? Because zup has profited from these jets might be the biggest reason. Yes I bought one fully loaded (but that’s when I was led to believe there would be a separate WW2 option.. not a way to polute WW1). I don’t use it cause it’s totally unfair.

If you voice unfairness the reply is usually “Zup says it’s all fair” or “I bought it and I’m gonna use it” IT’S TOTALLY UNFAIR!

Historically it’s wrong also... and stupid. In WW2 at best the impact of jets was minimal and supply was limited, but we have to endure facing jets every 30 seconds or so... game after game with no limit.
But zup has made the game tilted against those who prefer WW1 flying by allowing history to overlap by several decades. Embarrassing to anyone with a sense of history. I’m sure it turns off new users who respect history.

At this rate Zup will offer an expensive stealth fighter (or flying saucer) that will be virtually indestructible but expensive... the “jetters” will whine but zup will say it’s fair.

Hint: shooting jets head on gets best results if you slightly sweep your aim across the wing span plane. If incoming jet is spiraling only luck can hit the plane as the processor lag can’t keep up with the math required. You can tail a jet firing constantly ‘dead on’ but never register a hit.

Above is the reason I will quit this game and if it ever becomes a WW1 game again please notify me and maybe I’ll come back (as well might some of the greats who left this game over this rediculous WW1/WW2 STUPID merger.
If you fly your jet against biplanes and disagree with this post may you blackout from high G forces.

The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, nebular

Jet hogs- you know who you are 5 years 11 months ago #371268

• Scourge
  • Thank you received: 9

R E Z wrote: The jet freaks have ruined the fun in this (once great) game. Zup can say all is equal but that’s bulls_hit. Those few who insist on jets (every game) do so because they aren’t as successful when they fly a bi-plane and have proven themselves to lack the success that they have in a jet.

I have it on good authority that Davy will come back for the flying saucer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, Viper10{WP}

Jet hogs- you know who you are 5 years 11 months ago #371275

• [NLR] Doonesbury
  • Thank you received: 111
I cant catch them when chasing, I cant turn fight them, they come back after a spawn twice as fast as I can, they do carry more bombs, and even if the Spitfire can keep up with the jet, I FLY WW1, I prefer ww1, think mixing is doofus....

I feel better now...
I honor the fallen enemy by placing a stone on his grave...

The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, nebular

Jet hogs- you know who you are 5 years 11 months ago #371280

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

The mixture of the two flight eras is the primary reason I don't play anymore. It has nothing to do with unfair or me having any difficulties shooting down anyone in anything.
I discovered this game and fell in love with it precisely because it WAS a WWI aerial combat game. There are actually tons of WWII aerial combat games already out there with better graphics and more realistic physics, but that's beside the point.. WWI was the dawn of dogfighting and rich in history and honor and is what I fell in love with, and I doubt I will be returning play to the game until the two eras are segregated once again.

And yeah, Davy will be back if Zuperman introduces flying saucer lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, V.Huntress War, DireWolf{WP****}, nebular

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

Jet hogs- you know who you are 5 years 11 months ago #371281

• Lone Player
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Play clean and have good reputation.
  • Thank you received: 671
HELLO FRIENDS, I ALWAYS PLAY WITH WW2, BUT WHEN I SEE WW1 AVIOES, I TROCK FOR WW1, REZ KNOWS THAT I DO THAT. I HOPE YOU DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME. THEY ARE GREAT VETERAN PILOTS;
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z

Jet hogs- you know who you are 5 years 11 months ago #371296

• R E Z
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Lone you're one of the few who will play fair.

Jet hogs- you know who you are 5 years 11 months ago #371308

• [M]LtDan nhouse
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • What goes up Must come down
  • Thank you received: 1274
Yep I totally agree Zup fix this game it sucks like this ! I go into flag game 2 on 1 and they sneat with a faster plane wtf really I would come back but ww2 are faster PERIOD ! How do you catch a jet with a bi plane in flag game ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, Viper10{WP}

Jet hogs- you know who you are 5 years 11 months ago #371309

• [M]LtDan nhouse
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Oh ya still empty games proof mixing ww1 n ww2 doesn't help . I only started playing for the ww1 planes plenty of ww2 games
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Cypher7{WP}

Jet hogs- you know who you are 5 years 11 months ago #371362

• R E Z
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[M]LtDan nhouse wrote: Oh ya still empty games proof mixing ww1 n ww2 doesn't help . I only started playing for the ww1 planes plenty of ww2 games

Thats right Dan. I signed up to play ww1 - love biplanes... had i joined and seen todays game mixing different wars I would have looked elsewhere - and im sure many do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, SCAMPERS REVENGE, dognamitt, nebular, [M]LtDan nhouse

Jet hogs- you know who you are 5 years 11 months ago #371372

• SCAMPERS REVENGE
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 106
What REZ said !!! WW1 Bi Planes is what made this game!
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, Viper10{WP}, [M]LtDan nhouse

Last edit: by SCAMPERS REVENGE.

Jet hogs- you know who you are 5 years 11 months ago #371382

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034
I am a Jet Hog... however, Id prefer if the two wars were separated...

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not very good at this game and don't get to play as often as I'd like to...

but I got tired of getting my arse handed to me on every run, never getting to the base or carrier or whatever by the WWII planes...

so I paid the Piper and got the WWII planes... now at least I have a fighting chance...

as long as the Red team has a WWII plane I'll fly a WWII plane... if there is only WWI planes, I'll gladly switch to one also

I hope the player base rebounds someday soon so the wars can be fought separately and then I'll fly only WWI...

meanwhile, enjoy!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, R E Z, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, SCAMPERS REVENGE, dognamitt, Cypher7{WP}, airwolff, [M]LtDan nhouse, [NLR] Doonesbury

Jet hogs- you know who you are 5 years 11 months ago #371404

• [M]LtDan nhouse
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It's so simple Zup just needs to make dog fight ww2 game separate from df see how that works out ! Oh ya had to give double points to get us to fly ww2 planes never mind must be plenty of ww2 plane games out there .As my great great great great grandmother would say bull chit lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, Viper10{WP}, nebular, ®Gamekeeper©™, Cypher7{WP}

Jet hogs- you know who you are 5 years 10 months ago #371721

• R E Z
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Okay i quit paying for this game so must wait like 6 1/2 minues to play after each game- okay thats no problem really - go on to other things and usually dont even come back . What pisses me off (still) is when i do get lucky enough to get back near the beginning of a game someone like Dusty ends the game in two passes with his fatass Jet - he doesnt even have to fire his guns. Not fun even when on his team. Noticed also he wont play a zep game where you need more skill that high speed barrel rolls ( then again the zep hasnt dropped a bomb in over a month)
This game is NOT getting better!
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War, dognamitt

Jet hogs- you know who you are 5 years 10 months ago #371723

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
Me too REZ was a great game couldn't put it down played for hours on end lil used to give me ear ache for it too and during my recovery from my accident the game kept me sane. i stopped paying months ago i was just going to start subscribing because the game was playing real good then BAM a dreaded update no need to pay when my between game time is a week lmao

R E Z wrote: Okay i quit paying for this game so must wait like 6 1/2 minues to play after each game- okay thats no problem really - go on to other things and usually dont even come back . What pisses me off (still) is when i do get lucky enough to get back near the beginning of a game someone like Dusty ends the game in two passes with his fatass Jet - he doesnt even have to fire his guns. Not fun even when on his team. Noticed also he wont play a zep game where you need more skill that high speed barrel rolls ( then again the zep hasnt dropped a bomb in over a month)
This game is NOT getting better!

The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, V.Huntress War

Jet hogs- you know who you are 5 years 10 months ago #371724

• Bingo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If at First you don't Succeed, Give Up!
  • Thank you received: 463
Shizzzle!
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z

Jet hogs- you know who you are 5 years 10 months ago #371919

• R E Z
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Joined a four to four game and ALL WW1... good even game.... even Dusty until he got shot down a couple tmes so he switched to his FAGJET and proceeded to make his typical sissy maneuvers (big spirals full speed without firing a shot bomb runs).... ends game and ends fun for others... WHAT A WIMP-AZZ player!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War, SCAMPERS REVENGE

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.809 seconds