Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Straight shooting 5 years 11 months ago #371112

• [£] Pie of Jerry
  • [£] Pie of Jerry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Delicious & DEADLY....... La vie est belle!
  • Thank you received: 591

Wondering what thoughts y'all have.
I used to love and adore this game. Now it's hard for me to want to play it anymore since I can barely kill anyone anymore.
Somehow on pc its harder to aim straight on, bullet drop just aint the same (I remember the epic games I had with straight shooting, I stood a chance head on or defending the sneak because it was easier to kill people with leading), and I am somewhat nerfed dogfighting as well!
Now other than the community why do y'all want to be here. Please feel free to post your thoughts :)
IN YOUR OVEN OR ON YOUR SIX!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., dognamitt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Straight shooting 5 years 11 months ago #371114

• Gizmo.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 908
Game sucks now Pie!but nice to cya .
The following user(s) said Thank You: [£] Pie of Jerry, Viper10{WP}

Straight shooting 5 years 11 months ago #371115

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
yep jerry i hear me too cant hit shit specially with the lag people just do the loop the loop and fly by without even engaging the enemy and drop on the hangars the bullet drop and the lag make it real hard to hit anything some games i just fire into anywhere and get better results was way more fun then. But zup says bullet drop is here to stay he wont change it so everyone gone to fresh fields .

[£] Pie of Jerry wrote: Wondering what thoughts y'all have.
I used to love and adore this game. Now it's hard for me to want to play it anymore since I can barely kill anyone anymore.
Somehow on pc its harder to aim straight on, bullet drop just aint the same (I remember the epic games I had with straight shooting, I stood a chance head on or defending the sneak because it was easier to kill people with leading), and I am somewhat nerfed dogfighting as well!
Now other than the community why do y'all want to be here. Please feel free to post your thoughts :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: [£] Pie of Jerry

Straight shooting 5 years 11 months ago #371119

• Smoke Screen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 249
I play PC jerry and I think what you should do is adjust your aim to the enemy planes movement so that they fly into it, also you can close one eye while aiming that sometimes works also you can use the new sights, and one more thing try to get your opponants from the side
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, airwolff

Straight shooting 5 years 11 months ago #371120

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Dog nailed it, lots of folks don't even engage, they just loop and roll and fly evasive as possible so they can drop their bombs and crash to do it all again. I find that extremely lame, but what do I know?

It seems with every update I have to figure out where my sight is compared to where my bullets actually go, which is a pain. I have to say I am a fan of the bullet drop because it made the game more challenging for everyone. The bullet drop on mine seems very consistent and is a fun problem to try to solve when firing at a red who is not closing head on and there is some angle I have to calculate along with speed and distance. That being said I admit it was more fun when the bullets flew straight because the bullets were consistent for everyone and more people played.

Perhaps it is the time of day, but I consistently see only 2 to 4 players logged on at times when I have time to play. Not even worth sticking around.

I guess your question was other than the community, why do we want to be here? Well depending on who is playing and the mission, the game is still relatively fun. There are some scenarios I don't even attempt anymore, like a df match, since my ww1 plane (I choose to fly only ww1) isn't a match for anyone in a ww2 plane. Also, it is rare ill fly allied due to not wanting to face jets. Somehow I find the jets more frustrating than a maxed out Spitfire, don't know if that is even real or just my perception. A 262 and Spit may perform the same, I just hate facing jets. But yeah, the game has its fun moments still. Not near as many, but they can be had. Like you Pie, I used to spend every free moment I could on this game. Not anymore sadly.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt, airwolff

Last edit: by Viper10{WP}.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.645 seconds