Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Life after Retirement Age 6 years 3 weeks ago #370926

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • [NLR] The Blue Fighter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789
LIFE AFTER RETIREMENT AGE

I'm into 50 and the official retirement age is 58. Was wondering is the life good after retirement?

Would love to hear from the seniors about the pros and cons after retirement.

Does one miss the routine job or love to have peaceful time.

Any insight how to make retirement life more blissful.

Any wisdom advice you want to give to younger generation with your life/work experience.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cypher7{WP}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

Life after Retirement Age 6 years 3 weeks ago #370927

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939
Great question. The variables are huge. If your financially Stable, have things you want to try,see,explore. If you have Hobbies,golf skiing etc. A partner to share your time with. It could be great. I myself like work, the sense of purpose, the joy in what I do. I think some people do well in retirement while others find it tough. Partial retirement might be a good option
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Life after Retirement Age 6 years 3 weeks ago #370931

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

Cypher7{WP} wrote: Great question. The variables are huge. If your financially Stable, have things you want to try,see,explore. If you have Hobbies,golf skiing etc. A partner to share your time with. It could be great. I myself like work, the sense of purpose, the joy in what I do. I think some people do well in retirement while others find it tough. Partial retirement might be a good option

The point of creating this thread is there is something good in everyone. It may be planning, some skill, some ideas, something one is proud off. If we can share that one thing to our younger generation or to our colleagues, may be it can help them in their current stage of life. In difficult times, one need good advise from the people who faced that situation and come out of it more stronger. Sharing such experience might help someone who in dire need of help but might hesitate to open up. A single tip might change someone's life for ever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cypher7{WP}

Life after Retirement Age 6 years 3 weeks ago #370932

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
I have been retired 7 years now and i highly recommend it. I have my farm and horses, do what i want and need doing every day.
The best thing is that now i am able to do things the way i want instead of having to patch something up so i could get to work.
My advice is do it.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, frits

Life after Retirement Age 6 years 3 weeks ago #370933

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
If you are Team Leader at any level, never take credit of work done by your juniors. In fact do everything you can to give recognition to the person who deserves it the most.

I can assure you the ultimate peace, joy and happiness you may experience if your efforts is successful in doing the right thing to the right person and at the right time. Many of us might have experienced that.

Life after Retirement Age 6 years 3 weeks ago #370935

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

Mongo wrote: I have been retired 7 years now and i highly recommend it. I have my farm and horses, do what i want and need doing every day.
The best thing is that now i am able to do things the way i want instead of having to patch something up so i could get to work.
My advice is do it.

Sir Mongo, you might have lot of advises and experiences to share with the young generation. Hope to hear more from you whenever you feel right.

Life after Retirement Age 6 years 3 weeks ago #370952

• Gizmo.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 908
You only get one go at it,make sure you enjoy it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Life after Retirement Age 6 years 3 weeks ago #370961

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

I retire for the second time on April 3. Cannot wait and cannot explain why, after retiring the first time, I decided to work longer. LOL.

There comes a point in everyone's life when they should realize the most precious commodity a person has, and the only limited one, is their time. Unfortunately some never do, and work up till the very end. Others realize how valuable their time actually is, and make the best use of it.

If you approach retirement from that angle then the way to get the most out of your time is by living well within your means. There is no reason to spend every dime on material things. Spend less on day to day things, which will give you more to spend on experiences like travel, family, etc.

I have heard of a book written by a hospice nurse who describes the most frequent regrets by people in their last 6 months of life, and the number one regret is working too much and not spending enough time enjoying life, family, and friends. To me that makes perfect sense. Who hasn't heard about the poor fella who retired only to drop dead a few days later, right?

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, DireWolf{WP****}, Cypher7{WP}

Life after Retirement Age 6 years 3 weeks ago #370963

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939
Very wise. That is a angle I had not considered. As always you shed light on a different side of the coin. Your life experience and wisdom, as well they way you share your thoughts are very appreciated.

Not many people out there have had two amazing careers. Especially two that are challenging, sometimes dangerous, and selfless as the careers you had.

A Navy veteran and Law enforcement. I'm am truly grateful for getting to no you. I hope someday to meet you in person.

This game and Wolf Pack would not be the same without you Skipper.
Happy retirement and congrats
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Viper10{WP}

Life after Retirement Age 6 years 3 weeks ago #370974

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

Viper10{WP} wrote: I retire for the second time on April 3. Cannot wait and cannot explain why, after retiring the first time, I decided to work longer. LOL.

There comes a point in everyone's life when they should realize the most precious commodity a person has, and the only limited one, is their time. Unfortunately some never do, and work up till the very end. Others realize how valuable their time actually is, and make the best use of it.

If you approach retirement from that angle then the way to get the most out of your time is by living well within your means. There is no reason to spend every dime on material things. Spend less on day to day things, which will give you more to spend on experiences like travel, family, etc.

I have heard of a book written by a hospice nurse who describes the most frequent regrets by people in their last 6 months of life, and the number one regret is working too much and not spending enough time enjoying life, family, and friends. To me that makes perfect sense. Who hasn't heard about the poor fella who retired only to drop dead a few days later, right?

Very well said Sir Viper. is "In My Mother's Footsteps: My Life and Experiences as a Hospice Nurse (Woodrum)" the book you have mentioned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Cypher7{WP}

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.255 seconds