Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369002

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
Hi there!

As many of you know because of the pics i posted on twitter or because you saw me on the game, you know i've been working on an update for well over a month. And it's basically ready to release but I haven't. Why? Well, i'm stuck waiting for Unity to give me some serious fixes.
The current version of Unity (the game engine I use) has bugs that makes the game crash on Android devices, on the new iOS version and on some macs. In short. It's horrible. I've been waiting for weeks for them to send me an update but with xmass in between they haven't released any fixes.
In fact, they also broke ton of stuff on the particle system (the clouds, trees, shooting bullets... basically a trillion things in the game use the particle system). So yeah, i can't release just yet. Hopefully this week they'll finally send a fix because I'm really curious to see how you pals play with the updates and I hope you enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, Sir Wumper, Artificial Intelligence, baron rojo, Phillipson, [NLR] McFate, ZebraUp, Ailred TREPPO, {O}__PREDATOR__, Sharp Shooter and 12 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369010

• Ailred TREPPO
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nice to make new friends
  • Thank you received: 1137
Hola Joaquín

Leí tus posts recientes y debe ser un dolor de cabeza todo esto. Hago votos porque este juego no se termine nunca, de ser posible. Debo te reconocer que eso de separar novatos de pilotos lvl+16 ayuda mucho a que los novatos se vayan sumando más y más... De hecho hay escuadrones como HEAVYBROTHERS que han crecido en un mes admirablemente y con pilotos noveles...

Como para aportar a este post te diré que en Windows es notable también los cierres del juego, a veces se tilda, sin poder hacer nada y a veces se apaga hasta el programa. He notado que se suele tildar, entre otros puntos, cuando volás cerca del agua o al entrar debajo del portaaviones, como si hubiesen décimas de segundo de tildarse y a veces sigue o se corta del todo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, V.Huntress War, BadKjon

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369012

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
I thought you got rid of unity a while back. ..

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369014

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
uh? nope, it's the game engine. I would need to write the whole game from zero if i drop Unity. In fact I would love to switch to Unreal at this point but I just don't have the time or energy to do it.

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369015

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806
Hope the holidays were good to you and your family and that the new years brings you lots of health and happiness. I am happy you are back answering question we all know u are busy and that the answer game is not a fun one; but we do like to hear form u from time to time and it’s the thing that sets u apart from other impersonal developers. Thank you for that. I know you probably read this, but I was wondering if this could be considered or done, manly the second part of the mix: I suggested the ww1 drop bullets and ww2 laser bullets I believe that is a good solution to the debate and u can test it out. This will bring back players back to the game and keep the interest of the few that remain loyal. I also suggest for your consideration that ww1 games and ww2 should be random. All players in ww1 game should have the equivalent of their bought planes in ww2. (If u buy the top plane at ww1 u get the top plane at ww2 at the same time) A merge. One game should log me and all players ww1 then next game we go ww2 or random between eras. If i have the top plane at ww1 i should have the top plane at ww2 game plane when the system directs me to that game. Can that be done?
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, ZebraUp

Last edit: by Acegirl.

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369016

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
unfortunately that cannot be done without lot of changes in the game
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369017

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Zup i like the idea of the new ban/mute system. Will this include the dopes that feel they need to drop in bombing games so they can have the advantage. Also it should include the spawnkillers
After all you made bombing games and non bombing games. A lot of people really loved bombing missions and the spawnkillers.and droppers ruined those missions

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369027

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
yeah, i will never punish droppers. I see it as a tactical reason and I don't see it against any rules at all.
And spawnkillers is not easy at all to do that automatically.

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369031

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

zuperman wrote: yeah, i will never punish droppers. I see it as a tactical reason and I don't see it against any rules at all.

Well you see zup that is why many left ....i agree dropping can be useful but at least carry one bomb .many pilots dropped down to one bomb. It was the older experienced people that would not carry so they could have the total advantage of speed over a pilot that had bomb/bombs for the soul purpose of point mongering and to get to the base to spawnkill even if no other team mates were near that drove many away .
Like i said you made more non bombing missions than bombing ..what would happen is the droppers started to way outnumbered the bombers turning every game into a non bombing mission .leaving the people that loved bombing games out in the cold .
Did you get that .it was at the point where
Even if a game was going on and everyone in it carried and we were all hqving fun together.someone would leave and the next guy would come in drop all and start dogfighting ...
You cant have different types of games and say do what ever you want in any type of game ..
Bombing guys liked the head to head. or sneaky guys trying to get a bomb in ..what the bombing community wanted was to have our style of play like the dog fighters did in their types of missions.
By the way you added the ability to carry more bombs on a plane but still left 8 hangers ..2 good pilots in 1 run can end a game in under a minute
Basically what your saying is every game can be a dog fight. ..so why even have bombing games

Oh if you did not notice back then bomber style players made up about 3/4 of the game ..

Last edit: by darraxx.

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369033

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012
First off I'd like to say I don't believe in anyway player's left because of player's dropping in boming game's part of the game always has been always will, so let's just move past that.
I talk to a lot of player's and not just from the [M]isfits away from the game and the reason most left were..
1st the B.S. here on the forum they just grew tired of it, mainly early on in df just before elite was released.
2nd was losing personal rank and world rank they worked for for year's that's a big one.
3rd and around the same time as #2 was bullet drop some stayed some left, the one's that stayed later noticed inconsistent bullet drop from one game to the next or point blank no hits.
3rd and finally the mixed game's hate them, that's the one that finish off what was left of our squad might be 1 or 2 left out of 100 full time every single day all day player's that once roamed the sky's of DF.
Didn't add the lag cause like I said before no lag just a pipe dream.

Edit: forgot to mention squad war's and being based on a point system, that's right up there at the top just going to be honest and no disrespect towards you but I think people were expecting something much different, it had been talked about for so many year's before it's release and what the possibilities could be in a squad vs squad war.
Which btw has been done thanks to Whiplash wow what fun that was, then came the news of the release of Squad War's (YES FINALLY) :cheer:
Wait what a point Squad war? :huh: Oh you mean the one's who have more time to play is the better squad because it's all just points? Yeah that didn't go over to well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Thulsa Doom, [*M]Comet, pmoon1{WP}, [*M] GAW

Last edit: by [*M]TBUILT.

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369038

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398

zuperman wrote: yeah, i will never punish droppers. I see it as a tactical reason and I don't see it against any rules at all.

LMAO!!!!!

Joaquin,

It’s freaking crazy finally seeing you make that statement so clearly and concisely. For years I hoped and asked for direct clairification of your position on the subject of dropping. I combed through your posts nearly desperate to get your official word so we could end the debate once and for all of how the game maker, creator of our little world, intended the game to be played. It was like a quest! I found scraps of your words, analyzed your update notes and found quotes to use as evidence of your intention. My hope and belief was that by doing so the players of dogfight would accept the game as it is with tactical creativity and free will to be the law of the land, finally accepting it as the gospel truth from Lord Zuperman! People could finally look at other players styles as a challenge to overcome instead of as someone trying to ruin their day.

Bwahahahahaaaa! The joke is on me. I should have known. There is just no way complainers like darraxx will ever accept that telling others they have to play by their game-limiting, imaginary rules is not the way it is supposed to be.

Thanks for all the fun Zup. You are wiser than I gave you credit for. I hope you find the right mix for DF elite so it will be able to continue without costing more trouble than it’s worth.

Sincerely,

Alex “McFate”

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369042

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
erm... that's a bit over complicated. If i don't say anything about something is because i personally don't care. It would be crazy I have to make an official statement about every bit of conversation saying I agree or disagree.

And nope, if someone left because of the droppers... send them some drinks or something. I know more people that left because they've got killed by zebraup daily :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, ZebraUp, pmoon1{WP}, [NLR] Doonesbury

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369043

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
About squad wars. Nope, the current system was never what I had in mind. But lot of unexpected stuff happened in between. There are lot of changes that are not visible to anyone that requires lot of work. Like for instance, upgrading from Unity 4.6 to 5... took me like a month and did not change the game a bit. But it was mandatory. And this past month, upgrading from Unity 5.6 to 2017/2018... freaking nightmare. At least it caught me in between releasing the train so people will believe that I spent a month working on "something".
Then you have wonderful Apple releasing iOS updates that breaks stuff right when I'm working on something new. Or Microsoft patches. Or telecoms blocking UDP traffic to servers. Or... oh well. It's a constant fight to keep it running on its current state and at the same time add new stuff. Hopefully I can get through the full squad wars one day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: baron rojo, ZebraUp, airwolff, [NLR] Doonesbury

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369053

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
B) ;) :P

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369058

• D-walleye
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2177
DILLEY DILLEY

Last edit: by D-walleye.

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369059

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173
DILLEY DILLEY!

Last edit: by [*M] bware.

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369065

• Raz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I'm not as dumb as you look...
  • Thank you received: 1056
It's lonely out there !!!!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: acefreely

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369066

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I've just got an update notification from unity: unity3d.com/unity/beta (hit on release notes)
there is like a trillion fixes on there and they also removed the old particle system. This means I have to rewrite lot of code and i'm sure with so many fixes there is also lot of new bugs (i know from my own experience). Hopefully i can get it to a working condition today and release it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Acegirl, V.Huntress War, Gannet, airwolff, [NLR] Doonesbury

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369073

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4450
A few more days waiting wont hurt us.
Keep eating and sleeping,
Don't bust your gut. (unless that's what you like doing :) )

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369076

• [NLR]Mysterio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • the less you reveal, the more people can wonder
  • Thank you received: 1003
Android update is out
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Last edit: by [NLR]Mysterio.

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369081

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
On i got the update on my kindle. Don't see any probs yet. Question though, there is a round icon at the bottom of the screen. Between map and left side button. What does it do?
And is there, or going to be a train mission?

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369082

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Mongo wrote: On i got the update on my kindle. Don't see any probs yet. Question though, there is a round icon at the bottom of the screen. Between map and left side button. What does it do?
And is there, or going to be a train mission?

:whistle:

Possibly a long range ship or hangar killer? :whistle:

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369083

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
the round icon is a wheel... it moves your gear up and down
The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369087

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558

zuperman wrote: the round icon is a wheel... it moves your gear up and down

Will we now have to do this or will it work like it was also?

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369118

• [NLR]Mysterio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • the less you reveal, the more people can wonder
  • Thank you received: 1003
When is trainmission coming out?

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369161

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Mongo wrote:

zuperman wrote: the round icon is a wheel... it moves your gear up and down

Will we now have to do this or will it work like it was also?

yeah you have to do it manually. Btw on desktop it's the G key (for gear)

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369162

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

[NLR]Mysterio wrote: When is trainmission coming out?

Today, hopefully. Waiting for everyone to get the update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369166

• DARK=X=RAIN248
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • u hear the thunder? the storm is coming
  • Thank you received: 375
Is there any way we can have a tanks only event? you have 2 missions that can work well with it

Short update on status 6 years 3 months ago #369198

• pmoon1{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 851
Oh god! Just play it for a while before raising issues!

What doesn't kill you can hurt like the dickens!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.579 seconds