Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

REFUSE TO USE WW2 PLANES! 6 years 3 months ago #367996

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4438
The biggest mistake was doing away with the dogs.
Bring back the dogs I say!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, R E Z, Raz, Cypher7{WP}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

REFUSE TO USE WW2 PLANES! 6 years 3 months ago #367998

• Raz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I'm not as dumb as you look...
  • Thank you received: 1056

Haydencal wrote:

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Haha, aww the kids got balls, just that they haven't dropped yet lmfao..

Last edit: by Raz.

REFUSE TO USE WW2 PLANES! 6 years 3 months ago #368271

• wiggle plane
  • Thank you received: 50
Unfortunately its not just elite is a poor imitation of df 1 its the credit card mentality of paying for planes upgrades ect ect. I managed to make moraf in df1 and I know many others did by putting many hours in. Trying to compete with bubba now that was a challenge especially in a lvl 2 plane. Point is game is dead because elite is inferior compared to original. We stopped playing just as elite came out, I've popped in recently and most games are empty or it puts me in a game which is about to end. Lol!! All good fun..
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, Raz

REFUSE TO USE WW2 PLANES! 6 years 3 months ago #368298

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012

Haydencal wrote: Well, Android users are limited to elite! They took down df1!

:blink:

REFUSE TO USE WW2 PLANES! 6 years 3 months ago #368307

• Raz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I'm not as dumb as you look...
  • Thank you received: 1056

Haydencal wrote: Well, Android users are limited to elite! They took down df1!

your going to have to explain this one, just cannot figure out what your on about, ???? As for the original dogfight, how on earth can you know what it was like, unless you are now under a new name and account..

REFUSE TO USE WW2 PLANES! 6 years 3 months ago #368311

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
same issue here wumper im gettting bullet drop at point blank range to a point i get more deaths from crashing than any one shooting me doon (scottish down there)

Sir Wumper wrote: Another issue concerns me big time.

I have reported previously, but either my eye sight is gone, or the game is really not working correctly.

I approach a plane, head on. I shoot 100+ shots and nothing registered. No kill. Enemy fires at me and I am destroyed.
Take off and do the exact thing, and I’m destroyed.

I played Strachan, and he remarked that he was surprised that my bullets never seemed to register. This is happening a lot.

I fire at a plane, or just above, and even higher. Nothing registers.

I’ve been playing for over 5 years. In DFI, I destroyed a lot of planes. But not in Elite. There is something really different between the games.
Talking to Zup doesn’t seem to do any good..

The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z

REFUSE TO USE WW2 PLANES! 6 years 3 months ago #368312

• Bingo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If at First you don't Succeed, Give Up!
  • Thank you received: 463
I recently spoke to Zup by not renewing my subscription.

Put all my money into Bitcoin sometime back. Now developing a an application to mine bits of coin from people's pockets.

Last edit: by Bingo.

REFUSE TO USE WW2 PLANES! 6 years 3 months ago #368596

• [NLR] Doonesbury
  • [NLR] Doonesbury's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 111
Happened again, three WW1 planes fighting 3 WW2 and one ww1 planes, we could not get to their airdrome due to the jets superior speed. We would shoot them down near our end and they come back at us in no time, well before we can get halfway to their end. This is ridiculous and, get this, some of them were dropping some of their bombs to be faster, like double our speed is not fast enough. Please REFUSE TO USE WW2 PLANES!!!
I honor the fallen enemy by placing a stone on his grave...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Wumper, R E Z, SCAMPERS REVENGE

REFUSE TO USE WW2 PLANES! 6 years 1 month ago #370129

• [NLR] Doonesbury
Its been over a month, I repeatedly find myself facing ww2 planes going 400 kph compared to my 200 kph. They out turn, so turn fighting is out. You shoot them down and they are back in it twice as fast. I joined a year ago and found I loved playing DFE. I can put up with upgrades, with bugs, but the fact is it has been turned into a ww2 game. I do not love the planes or the pace of the ww2 game. So Zup, why not pull the ww1 planes and call it what it is? Putting a MORAF in a Spit or a jet and I am in a biplane is stupid. Great game, bad format. Looking for a WW1 flying game if anyone knows of one that is a great as this one was...

The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, V.Huntress War, Viper10{WP}

REFUSE TO USE WW2 PLANES! 6 years 1 month ago #370137

• Agent003{WP*}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • Thank you received: 968
Heres what I think after experiencing this problem myself, and after flying on the level 1-17 server

In the lower level server, the game is played how it’s meant to be played, its a lot like good old dogfight 1. Games go longer, fights are more enjoyable, and killing is abundant. Now I understand that combining that with what we have now creates the problem of unfair fights for newer players, so here's my solution.

Four servers/games going on at once.

-Level 1-17 WWI

-Level 17+ WWI

-All levels WWI

-Level 17+ WWII

The WWI combined server means you have a 50/50 chance when joining to get a game at your skill level vs above or below. That seems fair. WWII is separate, we get to enjoy WWI combat the way we know and love, noobs dont get constantly blasted into oblivion, and everyone has 2-3 options for games at any given time. Its a win win.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, Viper10{WP}

REFUSE TO USE WW2 PLANES! 6 years 1 month ago #370139

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9804

[NLR] Doonesbury wrote: Its been over a month, I repeatedly find myself facing ww2 planes going 400 kph compared to my 200 kph. They out turn, so turn fighting is out. You shoot them down and they are back in it twice as fast. I joined a year ago and found I loved playing DFE. I can put up with upgrades, with bugs, but the fact is it has been turned into a ww2 game. I do not love the planes or the pace of the ww2 game. So Zup, why not pull the ww1 planes and call it what it is? Putting a MORAF in a Spit or a jet and I am in a biplane is stupid. Great game, bad format. Looking for a WW1 flying game if anyone knows of one that is a great as this one was...

My bad Doonsi; I’m so sorry. I will try to twich to the WW1 planes when I see u. I was opposed and still am to the mix battels but got tired of posting on it. The thing is that I believe the players that wrote to mix the games up because of the empty WW2, hardly play no more.
. .
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, Viper10{WP}, airwolff

Last edit: by Acegirl.

REFUSE TO USE WW2 PLANES! 6 years 1 month ago #370140

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Dondst no hay este es el mejor ,con mucha fitetenvis y más real que jugué ,al unir los aviones de ambas guerras el Jet tiene que ser si o si más rápido ,sinó no iría consecuente con su velocidad .Pero si deberías poder elegir guerras como estaba antes.El problema es que pocos pilotos tienen aviones war2 ,o son muy limitados los que tienen,yo sigo pensando que las balas apenas se ven,tampoco sabes cuando te disparan,y la mira sobre todo también pondría opciones para que todos las usen.Joaquín esta trabajando en ello
Yo amaba DF1 y espero amar a este también.En cuanto a lo de moraf es cierto amigo muchos trabajamos para conseguirlo,todos los moraf deberíamos portar en el juego una condecoración que todo el mundo pudiese ver,aunque no seamos todavía nivel 47.
Todos los que están ahora primeros ,se engancharon al élite 3 meses antes,por eso están los primeros,yo colo otros muchos hasta que el viejo juego no acabó ,siempre jugaba allí.Muchos de esos pilotos no estaban no entre los 10 primeros. Pero cuando Joaquín lanzó el élite se pasaron allí y esos 3 o 4 meses de ventaja ,les sirvieron para cojerle el toque a la bala caída y situarse donde ahora están. SIn desmerecer que son buenos pilotos pero otros muchos no tanto.Un saludo

REFUSE TO USE WW2 PLANES! 6 years 1 month ago #370144

• [NLR] Doonesbury
My dear Acegirl: this is not your, Dusty, or anyone else flying spits and jets fault. It's a fundamental flaw in the premise of the game. Zup has built an online with excellent performance and superb capabilities. I was awed by the variety of plane platforms and love switching between the different models. Once you throw in the top tier planes, you can barely keep up in a ww1 plane. I have hoped zup would find a way to segregate the battles to allow those who love the ww1 planes to fly. One idea was to increase the points you gain as you fly lower level planes. Once the level of players was split, a notion I do not oppose, my point totals gained nose dived as there were no more noob massacres. It will take level 18 players a very long time to earn top tier planes to be competitive. We must either remove ww2 planes from the ww1 arena or offer a significant incentive to fly ww1 planes to upper tier fliers.

The following user(s) said Thank You: baron rojo, Acegirl, R E Z, Viper10{WP}

REFUSE TO USE WW2 PLANES! 6 years 1 month ago #370148

• SCAMPERS REVENGE
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 106
I tried to only use WW1 planes but ended up getting creamed by jet and spit, so I got a jet, if you can't beat em , join em attitude. but I do wish we could get out of this time warp thing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

REFUSE TO USE WW2 PLANES! 6 years 1 month ago #370152

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
same here scamp dont like ww2 but those using top planes just skate past like a Canadian gold medalist. i have no choice to change planes once i start the game and had people crying it was ww1 only please . i leave im glad i dont subscribe because if my microphone was working i would screaming blue words . i was just about to subscribe because the game was playin well for me and zup did his majic again and my gun sight was useless cant hit shit now ww1 or ww2

SCAMPERS REVENGE wrote: I tried to only use WW1 planes but ended up getting creamed by jet and spit, so I got a jet, if you can't beat em , join em attitude. but I do wish we could get out of this time warp thing!

The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, SCAMPERS REVENGE

REFUSE TO USE WW2 PLANES! 6 years 1 month ago #370169

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Maybe doing away with squad wars points would help matters. I suspect the morafs flying the jets and spits constantly are doing so to accumulate points. A challenging game must surely be more fun, but by flying a ww1 aircraft wouldn't be as profitable from a point perspective. Dunno, but I really think the squad wars format has changed the way some folks approach this game.

Doonsbury, I totally agree with you. Time warp thing = silly.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, V.Huntress War

Time to create page: 0.994 seconds