Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Public Apology 6 years 9 months ago #362991

• Coug737
  • Coug737's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 61
The other day, I was in a round of Dogfight that was lagging hard. I turned invisible.

I thought that the invisibility was a temporary glitch. One of the other players had said that I had "appeared out of nowhere," and began attacking. He shot me down (the kill was done masterfully, I might add) and he proceeded to attack my tank. I thought this meant that the lag had cleared up.

I then drove over to the base, thinking that it was still a fair fight. I wiped out four tents. A pilot then pointed out that I was still invisible. I then exited out of the game as soon as I found out.

In the future, I will exit out of a game as soon as there is any complaint about invisibility. If I see lag on other players, I will ask the others if they are unable to see me.

The post that I wrote about Strategy Vs. Cheating yesterday is not about that incident. The post is in no way about that game. If it appeared to be directed at any you, I apologize. My attack was completely unfair to the other players.

Lastly, I do not have a subscription, so I can only access the squadron chat. I tried to explain and apologize for the confusion but was unable to access the world chat. Had I caught any profile names, I would have sent each of you a private message earlier.

I have cleared things up with a few of the pilots involved but not all. I would like to issue this public apology to reach out to anyone else that was involved.

I am truly sorry for having caused this incident yesterday. I ask for the forgiveness of any and all pilots involved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: New York Jet$ fan, [NLR] McFate, [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, [*M]Comet, Viper10{WP}, Mad War Poodle, Armament, Lone Player and 3 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Public Apology 6 years 9 months ago #362992

• Lone Player
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Play clean and have good reputation.
  • Thank you received: 671
I was not in this match but your attitude is praiseworthy. Shows a good character on your part
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, Armament, Cypher7{WP}, airwolff, Coug737

Public Apology 6 years 9 months ago #362995

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Your apology is very noble, even though as you have explained things were very different from your point of view. Unfortunately many complaints are due to misunderstandings. Players attitudes seem to have improved greatly over the last year or so but there are still people who get all bent out of shape when they can't see the whole picture.

Also keep in mind that some players consider trash talk part of strategy and have said so here on the forum. Some have accused good players of lagging just to get them out of the game. If you just leave at the first mention of lagging you may be enabling a troll. Of course as you play and become familiar with other players you will come to know there are many who you can count on to be truthful while others... not so much.

Some of the recent miscommunications I've been part of lately:
- I was flying at an altitude of about 800 while two blues were going head on against a pack of reds. I dropped in and shot down two reds from above and was immediately accused of being invisible.
- I was in a btc game with a blue noob who decided the best way to defend was from shore in a tank. I shot down 3 reds who went into tanks (in range of my carrier). I bombed 2 tanks and shot the other. By the time I got the last tank the next red was in sight, so I engaged him while I was flying bombless. By the time I shot him down I was more than 1/2 way to the red carrier and the other reds were just coming into view. I quit shooting at them and flew low toward good tanking territory. One of the reds said "Dropper!" and left the game.

Lol. I'm not here to protect the sensitivities of someone who's skin is too thin to handle the game, I'm here to have some fun in the limited time I have to goof-off playing a video game.

Also, many established players don't understand or allow that players who aren't or can't subscribe don't want to leave a game or try to switch sides because they can't choose sides and they have to wait 6:min before they can log back in. I've paid for a subscription all year but my Kindle Fire only recognized my subscription with the last update. If I'd left every unbalanced game or every time someone said I was lagging I would not have been able to play more than 1-2 games in an hour.

Enjoy the game. Don't get too worried about what others say when you know you're justified. And... honest apologies are always a good gesture. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, Armament, Lone Player, [TFL] alwaystrouble, Cypher7{WP}, airwolff, Coug737

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Public Apology 6 years 9 months ago #362999

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Good show Coug737! Thanks for the explanation.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: pmoon1{WP}, Cypher7{WP}, Coug737

Public Apology 6 years 9 months ago #363016

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939
True Wolf Coug. Good show brother. Very proud to have you as a pack brother
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coug737

• Page: