• "Time is infinite, Life is not"
  • Thank you received: 11461
Welcome to the Dogfight Hall of Honor

Rules for Nominating and Voting

Categories

The current Categories are:

1. Best

IMPORTANT:
Separate threads have been created for each category to ease the compilation process.
Please vote under the respective thread categories.
The Categories will be different for each Month. This will help reduce bias in voting.

Category Voting

• Each Month Categories will be released each week. Voting will last for 5 days.
  • During this period everyone will be allowed to vote for 3 people per category.
  • You cannot vote for yourself.
  • You CAN NOT vote for a Member of your own Squad
  • ALL Wings, Divisions, Etc. Of a Squad will be considered ONE Squad.
  • Please use the Players full in game / forum name, include their Squad name if applicable.
  • This will help avoid confusion of names. If necessary we will send you a PM to clarify.
  • If you select more than 3 people, we will use the first 3 names in your post.
  • When making your votes we urge you to consider, game play, skill, attitude, and participation in the game, forum, and Dogfight Community.
  • After voting ends on each thread names will be compiled.
  • We will then present the top ten members from each category.
  • Their names will be added to the Hall of Honor under the category for the Month.
  • Excessive Negativity on a Thread will result in: First a Warning. Second a Voting Ban for That Category, meaning all votes cast by and for a banned Member will be declared Void and will not be counted. A Warning or Vote Ban can only be issued if 3 or more Members of the HOH Team agree it is necessary
  • We sincerely hope this Rule is ever enforced.

Best of the Best

Nominations and Voting

• Best of the Best is currently suspended pending rule changes
  • Each person can nominate 3 people.
  • You cannot nominate yourself
  • Please use members full in game / forum name.
  • If you nominate more than 3 people, we will take the first 3 names in your post.
  • At the end of the nomination period the 4 highest vote totals plus the 4 Nominees from the Sub Categories will be presented for voting.
  • Once voting begins everyone will be allowed to vote for 3 of the nominees.
  • You cannot vote for yourself.
  • The voting period will last for 10 days.
  • If you cast multiple votes, again, we will use the first name in your post.
  • At the conclusion of the voting period, votes will be tallied and the 4 Inductees will be announced on the nomination / voting thread.

• Their names will be added to the Official Hall of Honor list.
  • They will also be given a badge to add into their signature identifying them as a Member of the Hall of Honor.
  • Once elected as one of The Best of the Best, it is permanent, and they cannot be inducted twice

IMPORTANT NOTES:
  • There will not be a "Hall of Shame". This Hall is totally focused on the positive aspects and influences of the game and Players.
  • Second, in the event of a tie in either category, World Rank will decide the winner.
Founded By

[NLR] Blue Figther And [M]Skyripper

Espanol Division Acegirl TFL

Guardians
  • Dognammit =TBH=
  • Husky Dog {WP}
  • LiLBaDGaL {WP}

• [M]isfit to the core
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, *EOI* RAPTOR, [*M]TBUILT, Gizmo., [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK, {O}__PREDATOR__, horriblebreast, [NLR] Finn, Baby Crockett and 6 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Acegirl. Reason: Content

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257496

• AOV|Dragon Levi
    • Elite Member
    • Elite Member
    • If your RED your Dead!!
    • Thank you received: 238
    Its.a.good idea.but in my mind its kindof bios ecause we all know top three or top 10 first go around davey hulk tbiuld etc etc etc and because they are good and have been around for.a.very long time anyone knows that we all know it will stay within the top 50 pilots just saying not trying to drag it down just stating the obvious.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Flag, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, {GI} LoopHole

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257499

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Nothing is Impossible.
    • Thank you received: 9788

Khaos King wrote: Its.a.good idea.but in my mind its kindof bios ecause we all know top three or top 10 first go around davey hulk tbiuld etc etc etc and because they are good and have been around for.a.very long time anyone knows that we all know it will stay within the top 50 pilots just saying not trying to drag it down just stating the obvious.

Good point raised by you but don't you think that Hall of Honor should be given to the deserving one. If they are Davy, Hulk, Tbuilt then they have earned it. We can't take their expertise just by saying that they are in top 50 or 100.

The hall of Honor is and will be decided by members on the forum only.

If you or anyone has better idea, just mention here. If it is appealing to everyone, then we'll implement in that way.

Thx
    The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [*M]Skyripper, AOV|Dragon Levi

Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257509

• AOV|Dragon Levi
    • Elite Member
    • Elite Member
    • If your RED your Dead!!
    • Thank you received: 238

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote:

Khaos King wrote: Its.a.good idea.but in my mind its kindof bios ecause we all know top three or top 10 first go around davey hulk tbiuld etc etc etc and because they are good and have been around for.a.very long time anyone knows that we all know it will stay within the top 50 pilots just saying not trying to drag it down just stating the obvious.

Good point raised by you but don't you think that Hall of Honor should be given to the deserving one. If they are Davy, Hulk, Tbuilt then they have earned it. We can't take their expertise just by saying that they are in top 50 or 100.

The hall of Honor is and will be decided by members on the forum only.

If you or anyone has better idea, just mention here. If it is appealing to everyone, then we'll implement in that way.

Thx

I think for the list of pilots u should do retired, and the fellow pilots that are Deceased. Then show.the honor pilot. For example

Retired
    Khaosking

Deceased

Poppasmurf

Honor
    Bluefighter

See what i mean kindof something like that like an honor to retire.type deal idk
    The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257511

• [*M]Skyripper
    • [*M]Skyripper's Avatar Topic Author
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    The idea is for the members of the community to decide who belongs. As mentioned " past and present" more so than just electing members to honour, it's designed to bring the entire community together in a positive sense. As The Blue Fighter stated, if a member is among the best, why shouldn't' they be recognized for that? There are many players retired, deceased, etc. That I would be willing to bet their names will pop up. And beyond that, no one is being forced to participate.

[M]isfit to the core
    The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [*M]Comet, AOV|Dragon Levi

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257512

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Nothing is Impossible.

Khaos King wrote:
    I think for the list of pilots u should do retired, and the fellow pilots that are Deceased. Then show.the honor pilot. For example

Retired
    Khaosking

Deceased

Poppasmurf

Honor
    Bluefighter

See what i mean kindof something like that like an honor to retire.type deal idk

Nice Idea. Thank you so much.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Comet, AOV|Dragon Levi

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257513

• [*M]Comet
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Take off eh!
    • Thank you received: 11899
    I know from speaking with Ripper that you guys have put a lot of time and effort into this. I can't think of 2 better people to handle this task. Nice work fellas!
    Bannerless and naked. Whatever...
    The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [NLR] Finn, [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257514

• Black Flag
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 453

It's not the first of the month, so I hope this holds up early, but my first nomination goes to Slenderman. A true hero and pioneer of this game and the forum; my second nomination is to Mbizzi the first terror of the dogfight Autumn Sky, my 3rd is 420 as the first femme fatale of the sky and finally Chan who was awesome and just tore it up. Honerable mention to Desert Rose.

Don't know how in forgot to include BSTRAHAN to the list. He should be tied with Mbizzi.

Last edit: by Black Flag. Reason: bstrahan

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257516

• [*M]Skyripper
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote:

Khaos King wrote:

Retired
    Khaosking

Deceased

Poppasmurf

Honor
    Bluefighter

You know Blue, this may make a good idea for one of our future sub categories.

Nice Idea. Thank you so much.

[M]isfit to the core
    The following user(s) said Thank You: AOV|Dragon Levi

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257526

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9167
    Awesome idea...Good job guys...truly an asset to the community.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257554

• BOAZ
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • sometimes my farts are lumpy
    • Thank you received: 1474
    Great idea, I think Skyripper and Blue Fighter should be automatic inductees for taking the time to try to bring something positive to the community.

One beer two beer three beer floor

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, horriblebreast, [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [M] F¡rst Blood

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257561

• [*M]VonHuLK
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • BOOM Game Over...
    • Thank you received: 21656
    I kind of thought I was going to be nominated because of my kind nature, fair play, and whitty banter. If I knew it was only because I was in the top 10, I would have started to be an A$$ long ago. "Screw you guys", lol

ALL IN 100%
    The following user(s) said Thank You: tKestrel old, [*M]TBUILT, RT, [*M]Skyripper, [*M] GAW, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Dera8{WP}, {GI} LoopHole

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257569

• [*M]Skyripper
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member

Black Flag wrote: It's not the first of the month, so I hope this holds up early, but my first nomination goes to Slenderman. A true hero and pioneer of this game and the forum; my second nomination is to Mbizzi the first terror of the dogfight Autumn Sky, my 3rd is 420 as the first femme fatale of the sky and finally Chan who was awesome and just tore it up. Honerable mention to Desert Rose.

Don't know how in forgot to include BSTRAHAN to the list. He should be tied with Mbizzi.

Glad to see your enthusiasm. Pretty eager to get this started as well. But if you would, please wait until the actual nomination and voting thread comes out. Then we will accept one nomination per month.
    But again, you have some great nominees in mind and goes to show that not everyone is thinking about World Rank, which is excellent. I will send you a PM once the thread is up!

[M]isfit to the core

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257631

• [*M] GAW
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4094
    Once a flyer is awarded this honor, will they be ineligible for a second award?

If you are going to have categories shouldn't those be in place before this is started?

If you do have categories, are you looking at having one per category voted in each month?
    The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257649

• [NLR] Finn
    • Elite Member
    • Elite Member
    • Be Obscure Clearly~e.b.white
    • Thank you received: 577
    Love the idea, and I'm glad someone is doing it. The Hall of Fame fell apart quickly - twice apparently. Good luck with this attempt. I also love the badge idea. I do have some helpful questions and suggestions.

You mentioned categories - What are those categories? Will we vote per category every month, or will you place the names in the categories you feel best suited? In other words, will we have a "ballot" so to speak? For example,will we be encouraged to select Best pilot, Best demeanor, Best Fairness, Best turn-fighter, Best marksmanship... every month?

If I may offer a suggestion: I think you should strictly limit the awards. If you induct 50 people the first month - it will lose the honor and appeal. To be inducted should be very difficult - the award highly meaningful.

It's a great idea to give yourself a couple of weeks to roll it out. Once you start, don't change up your standards or process. If you start changing the rules - the award will also lose its appeal.

Good luck and I really hope the Hall of Honor takes off and becomes legit.

(edit: Forgive me. Most of these questions and suggestions were answered in your first post)
    The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Last edit: by [NLR] Finn.

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257652

• [NLR] Finn
    • Elite Member
    • Elite Member
    • Be Obscure Clearly~e.b.white
    • Thank you received: 577
    One other suggestion.

I think this thread is great to use for suggestions and feedback. The actual Hall of Honor should be its own thread - I'd even prefer it if comments were not allowed in the Hall. Just one thread, one page - awesome layout, which shows who has earned what honors - and nothing else.

Pages and Pages of comments and voting will clutter it up. Use this thread for comments and voting and or feedback or however you want to do it. Just make the official Hall of Honor its own entity.

'nough from me. Thanks.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [*M]Comet

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257659

• *EOI* RAPTOR
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 5126
    Love it!

was wondering, will there be a category for "They sure try hard the poor basterds"?
    Or "funnest pilot banter" or "most cordial to blow out the clouds"?

Ill leave it up to the pros just trying to nitch a shoe in.....

Looking forward to it guys!

Flyin and dyin
    The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]TBUILT, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [*M]Comet, {GI} LoopHole

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257674

• Mad War Poodle
    • User is blocked
    • User is blocked
    • if you have nothing nice to say say nothing
    • Thank you received: 161

I think this is a great idea , and just so I feel abit involved i'd like to nominate hulk tbuilt destroyer24 and most of all thulsa doom she has a heart of gold and she really cares about ppl here on df ... thanks guys gj
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Thulsa Doom, [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257688

• horriblebreast
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Fly hard, die hard!
    • Thank you received: 6101
    beautiful idea and i hope it runs smooth. blue and ripper deserve a pat on the back. cheers!

so what the heck? rock the discotheque!

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257705

• [*M]Skyripper
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    First off Thank you to everyone for your comments and interest. I'll try to answer some of the questions here.

1. The Hall of Honor is solely to recognize the best and most influential members of the game and community.
    It will be a permanent monthly ballot with ONE nomination and ONE vote per person. ONE member past or present,will be inducted to the Hall each month.

2. The actual Hall will have it's own thread and comments will be directed here or to the nomination / voting threads. This will keep the list and information easily accessible.

3. Pertaining to the mention of sub categories. We will occasionally introduce a new monthly category completely separate from the Hall of Honor. Example, Best head on Fighter for the Month, most Hilarious personality, etc. All of you will help decide the topics! And all will be eligible for nominations and awards.

4. As most of you know, I tried to breathe life back into the Hall of Fame. The guidelines and voting parameters were uncontrollable and it was basically a popularity contest. We have set the guidelines to ensure that doesn't happen here. Also, records and templates are being kept and stored in a shareable access so that more than one person can access records and easily step in and maintain the Hall and voting if something unforeseen should occur. This will ensure that the process will continue.

Hope this helps with some of the questions. Please feel free to ask questions or make suggestions, we welcome it!
    Let's all make this a positive and fun experience for the Dogfight Community!!
    Thanks for the support!
    ~Ripper

[M]isfit to the core
    The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] GAW, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, nebular

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257707

• [*M]Skyripper
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member

[M]isfit to the core
    The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular, {GI} LoopHole

Last edit: by [*M]Skyripper.

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257712

• [*M]Skyripper
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    Here are a couple samples for the H.O.H. Badge I've been working on. Members will be given a link. Any member who is no longer with us will have their badge stored on the records thread. Thoughts? The size will be reduced so as not to clutter up anyone's signature box.

[M]isfit to the core
    The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, {GI} LoopHole

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #257803

• nebular
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 2034
    Looking good!! I like the top one most so far.... maybe someday.... :silly:

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #258075

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Nothing is Impossible.

[NLR] Finn wrote: One other suggestion.

I think this thread is great to use for suggestions and feedback. The actual Hall of Honor should be its own thread - I'd even prefer it if comments were not allowed in the Hall. Just one thread, one page - awesome layout, which shows who has earned what honors - and nothing else.

Pages and Pages of comments and voting will clutter it up. Use this thread for comments and voting and or feedback or however you want to do it. Just make the official Hall of Honor its own entity.

'nough from me. Thanks.

Nice Idea Finn. Thank you for your suggestion.

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #258087

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Nothing is Impossible.

[*M]RAPTOR wrote: Love it!

was wondering, will there be a category for "They sure try hard the poor basterds"?
    Or "funnest pilot banter" or "most cordial to blow out the clouds"?

Ill leave it up to the pros just trying to nitch a shoe in.....

Looking forward to it guys!

We are about to post this and you have already mentioned it. It seems positive energy has already showing its power.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #258088

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Nothing is Impossible.
    Hi Friends,

We have our ideas to start with Hall of Honor but may we request the community to reply on following points before we take off.

1. List of categories you would like to see for established,upcoming and new players.
    2. How many players to be awarded in each category so to keep it really Hall of Honor not a common badge?

Any other suggestions which you may have in mind to keep Hall of Honor unique, fair, meaningful and most importantly viable.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #258117

• [*M]Skyripper
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote: Hi Friends,

We have our ideas to start with Hall of Honor but may we request the community to reply on following points before we take off.

1. List of categories you would like to see for established,upcoming and new players.
    2. How many players to be awarded in each category so to keep it really Hall of Honor not a common badge?

Any other suggestions which you may have in mind to keep Hall of Honor unique, fair, meaningful and most importantly viable.

To echo The Blue Fighters comments, we've heard your suggestions and are working on an "eleventh hour" remodel to make this about the Dogfight Community. Please hit us with your suggestions and what you would like to see. This is about ALL of us!! So please post or if you prefer, send us a PM. We're still on track to cut the ribbon on April 1st!

[M]isfit to the core

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #258457

• [*M]Skyripper
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    IS EVERYONE READY TO START VOTING? It's almost time!
    We've read your comments and suggestions and made some last minute changes!
    The Blue Fighter and I have been working hard to make this Hall of Honor what all if you want.
    Trust me, living half a World apart, it's been challenging!

First Blue did some Math and said, " Rip, if we only put one person a Month in, we'll have more memorials than members!"
    So we have increased the nominations and number of inductees!

Second, there seemed to be a lot of interest in the sub categories. So instead of introducing them at a later date, they will now be at the fore front, and help decide the inductees.

Since this is about the entire a Dogfight Community, we've chosen categories that will focus on Gameplay and Forum / World Chat interaction.

We'll be putting the final touches on tonight and tomorrow morning.
    But sometime tomorrow we will present you with the official
    DOGFIGHT HALL OF HONOR!
    So get those pencils sharpened and get ready to vote!

[M]isfit to the core
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, [NLR] Finn, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #259034

• Mongo
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
    • Thank you received: 6558
    Good luck gere guys

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
    (.Y.)

Presenting: The Dogfight Hall of Honor 8 years 11 months ago #259095

• [*M]Skyripper
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    Official new rules and guidelines
    Click here for the updated version of Rules and Guidlelines for Nominations and voting

[M]isfit to the core

Last edit: by [*M]Skyripper. Reason: Correction
    Moderators: Acegirlcon estiloD93 Big GunzzzairwolffE.....Z...Pegoud
    Time to create page: 1.239 seconds