Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #187659

• [e] Science_Dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • DONT MESS WITH ME OR ILL USE SCIENCE AGAINST U !
  • Thank you received: 260
FYI...

They did land on the moon :silly:

MASTERY BEYOND BELIEF

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #188044

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215

Prove to me they landed on the moon :woohoo: :woohoo:

I just spawned into a game with this guy, he was half way across the board firing away from me and kept killing me, how i dont know, I stayed and kept getting killed even though I could not even see him while being camped on by grippen FAB.

Well I spanked grippen until he left and after I called the cheater a CHEATER all of a sudden i could shoot him down. He was flying perfectly good. I kept shooting him until he left.

This was more than simple lag however I enjoyed it. After several minutes they all quit and I was all alone. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Conspiracy, I think not. :woohoo: :woohoo:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Killer!

Last edit: by [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT.

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #188049

• Team Killer.
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • kill them all..
  • Thank you received: 329

[M] MISFIT CROCKETT wrote:

Prove to me they landed on the moon :woohoo: :woohoo:

I just spawned into a game with this guy, he was half way across the board firing away from me and kept killing me, how i dont know, I stayed and kept getting killed even though I could not even see him while being camped on by grippen FAB.

Well I spanked grippen until he left and after I called the cheater a CHEATER all of a sudden i could shoot him down. He was flying perfectly good. I kept shooting him until he left.

This was more than simple lag however I enjoyed it. After several minutes they all quit and I was all alone. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Conspiracy, I think not. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Oh Davey you so kinky... ;-)
I COULD NOT CARE LESS
The following user(s) said Thank You: mach2

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #188054

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
LOL GLORIA, yes I am :woohoo: :woohoo: ,

Here we are in the next game, as you can see he would not die and then he would keep killing me even though I never saw him.

He raged quit because I keep calling him a cheater and I think he came in as a different name as you can see. Once I said I was strictly going to target the lagger he quit quickly.

It was fun to say the least. I guess I am kinky lol :woohoo: :woohoo:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #188055

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
His name was KOKS LEE

And does anyone know what POIZER means?

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #188068

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 650

This game has gone to crap! I was playing today hit this guy 10 15 times I tell him your lagging then he tells me hes not lagging but is on windows and has something ? TURNED UP TO PLAY BETTER THAT IS BULL S€£¥ since the windows guys started playing this game has gone down hill y dont u try to fix this or u gona lose players. And were the ones that pay for this not just play free version.

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #188069

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi BS STRACHAN. HOW ARE YOU. Take care my friend.

Ps, I've seen players on windows but none of them was doing what this guy was doing. And he was having fun with it.

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #188079

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
B I was in same game as Team Killer everyone was lagging not just him
I could care....But I dont

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #188084

• Auld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cope with me, I'm anti-social
  • Thank you received: 188
The worst lagger in activity: CapitaoNascimento of L.D.B..

Ps.: I was in this game screenshoted, quit because of The laggers.
DROP DED
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #188089

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
Noskita and Capitao Nascimento are brothers. And both lags like hell. They was members of Liga do Brasil (LDB), but Maboni (LDB leader) knew about his laggy (and some potty mouthed) pilots and extinguished the squad.
Maboni, Vanessa and some other former members of LDB plays lag-free, but Nokita and Nascimento only plays lagging. All the time. To a point that I simply quit when they begin their lag party.
I dont believe Nokita and Nascimento are cheaters (but who knows?)... But if you think they ARE cheaters, wait until you meet a pilot named Persian Gulf!
Does Nokita and Nascimento lags? Yes.
Are they annoying? Hell yes.
Do they laugh at us when we complain? Yes.
Do they care about fair playing? No.
But I already spoke with them, and they just have a slow connection. Just that. No "lag switch" on their end, I have reasons to believe. When I feel they lag too much, I simply quit.
But (and its a BIG BUT) this Persian Gulf player makes me strongly believe he HAS A SWITCH.
I say this cuz when he see me on radar, he vanishes for two or three seconds, then reappears on a slightly different position, and shoot at me. When he notice I am about to kill him, he vanishes again. And again, and again. Always when needed, exactly when needed, only when needed.
But the interesting part is that he doestn lag, cuz when I hit his plane twice, he goes down instantly!
In one game, he was tanking, and at my first hit, poof... he vanished; knowing his "pattern", I just waited, and two secs later, he reappeared, and I shot him down. It happened several times during the three games we played last friday. So, he does this "hide-for-two-seconds" thing everytime he needs! And as I said, he DOES NOT LAG! Instead, looks like he knows how to hold its uploading data during a "safe" ammount of time, repositions his plane, always knowing where you are, and shoot at you. And he laughs.
Conclusion: I may be wrong, but now I have an undeniable evidence (Persian Gulf) that there is, indeed, a way to "cheat" in this game.

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Auld

Last edit: by [LB] Pedrinho.

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #188097

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

Players that 'only' seem to freeze or disappear when you are shooting at them give rise to the lag-switch theory.. I don't know if true or not in our game, but from what I have read in other game's forums it seems to run rampant.

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #188137

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13143
yeah apparently no explanation i give will ever be enough so i give up. People are cheating and provoking lag. In fact, 85% of players in Dogfight do not lag, they just cheat with lag switchers. There are not enough lag switchers manufacturers in the country to cover the amount used in Dogfight so we decided that our next business line will be selling lag switchers. They don't work at all, but people believe it. Who am I to judge? I mean, I just wrote the networking code. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Soon, lag switchers by Echoboom for $25. A "pro" version which will light up some leds for $75. I'll keep you posted.

ps. We also noticed that countries with high GDP and fast internet connections rarely can afford lag switchers. Instead random countries with crappy internet connections spend a considerable amount purchasing lag switchers instead of basic necessities. That's why if you order from a second or third world country, we will attach a $25 additional cost because the demand is so high in there. Nevermind paying for a faster internet connection when you can make yours crappier than it already is with our Echoboom Lag Switchers (TM)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [e]hammer_tool, ZebraUp, Mac

Last edit: by zuperman.

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #188139

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Come on ZUPERMAN, I didn't say most everybody has lag switches nor did I even imply that. I would never imply that. Heck I had fun fun with it, I wasn't even complaining as much as it was just a general discussion about the subject and what we seem to see sometimes. What I am saying though is that I believe there are a couple at least and this morning was real frustrating to several players who quit where-as I stayed and conquered them. This is a great game ZUP, we just want to help you keep it that way. Please re-read my posts and you will see that I wasn't complaining as much as letting everyone know who the laggers are. Whatever the case the 2 this morning had control over what they did whether it be lag or otherwise. If we don't post this ZUP then how are you going to know?

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #188142

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
I didnt believe on players turning data traffic on-off until last friday. I just complained against some brazilian pilots' lag and bad behavior.
But believe me, zup: Persian Gulf does NOT lag, but he DOES disappear and reappear EVERYTIME HE WANTS, and everytime he NEEDS. And after he did it over a dozen times in a row, I managed to time my flight and my shots, and begun to get him, and then I said : "your switch is useless now" - then he said some bad words, and after eating some more bullets from my menu, he left.
Please, notice what I am saying: he was NOT lagging, as every kill (his or mine) registered instantly, there was no blank shorts, no weird teletransporting flights, no weird hicups - just his disappearances and reappearances. When he was chasing me, with the upper band, he never vanished.
I want to ask other pilots: please, pay attention on this Persian Gulf guy, and tell me how much I am wrong.

I took the RED PILL!

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #188271

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I'm serious, considering I've got about 200 different pilot names that were accused of using a lag switcher, I realized I'm in the wrong business. Why fight it when I can make money selling lag switchers?

Still working on a prototype. I decided I should focus on this before squadron wars. It's clearly more profitable!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]VonHuLK, DD I Stranger, ZebraUp, Mac

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #188277

• DD I Stranger
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 414

zuperman wrote: I'm serious, considering I've got about 200 different pilot names that were accused of using a lag switcher, I realized I'm in the wrong business. Why fight it when I can make money selling lag switchers?

Still working on a prototype. I decided I should focus on this before squadron wars. It's clearly more profitable!

I have $20,000,000 being wired into your account now, that's for the 2% share of the ZUPERSWICTH™.

Last edit: by DD I Stranger.

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #188294

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[LB] . CrazedPsycho wrote:

zuperman wrote: I'm serious, considering I've got about 200 different pilot names that were accused of using a lag switcher, I realized I'm in the wrong business. Why fight it when I can make money selling lag switchers?

I have $20,000,000 being wired into your account now, that's for the 2% share of the ZUPERSWICTH™.

Lol don't it psycho, you would have to be crazy to invest in such a scheme :woohoo: :woohoo: I just don't think there would be enough folks interested in any thing like that as I believe most all are honest. You may sell a few but that is all. :woohoo: :woohoo:

As a matter of fact I have a anti lagging device i have developed. Please send me the $20,000,000 and you can buy half interest in the business. :woohoo: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, DD I Stranger

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #188346

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
i don't appreciate crockett taking business away from my future revenue stream. I hope we don't need to go into a price war that would damage us both.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho, ZebraUp

Lag explained for conspiracy theorists 9 years 11 months ago #188349

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

zuperman wrote: i don't appreciate crockett taking business away from my future revenue stream. I hope we don't need to go into a price war that would damage us both.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.644 seconds