Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 2 months ago #161884

• [*M]Reckless
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The pilot formerly known as Porkfinger
  • Thank you received: 2690

Cricket wrote: I was showing the location to anyone that came into Borimov earlier today, you never showed up!

Thank you again Cricket, I can't believe I've been playing this game for over four months now and today was the first time I'd seen any of that! It really renewed my love of the game!

SANITY IS HIGHLY OVERRATED....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cricket, [*M]VonHuLK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 2 months ago #162041

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Here are some pics of the old town (from th "All Squad Circus" thread) Some guys were going for a tunnel expedition. Unfortunately there is no good pic showing a reference so wou can figure out where it was. It looks like they found the entrance but were having trouble getting in.

Manfred wrote: Flew over to the town during a DF game. Thundermustang was there, walking inside a building, looking for Flymagic's Underground Tunnels lol.

Here you can see his feet under the building, when I look from my plane, up from below ground level.

Here we are inside a building. You can go behind those stairs. Click on the pic to see the whole thing.

Once behind those stairs, I exited onto the first outside step. But I couldn't go anywhere.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 2 months ago #162042

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hopefully someone will have a good aerial pic of the town.

I used to park in the right spot so when someone shot me down I could go into the chute and my soldier would spawn inside the opening. I've got a pic of my plane parked in the spot but it may take a while to find it.

Good news!

I found this; Zuperman talking about the town/village:

zuperman wrote: hehe, they are all there but depends on your phone
i found out that some phones were running out of memory when displaying all those, so i had to remove them temporarily... they should be back on 4.4.41

The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 2 months ago #163323

• RLD[M]Stover
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Believe N B A Overcomer
  • Thank you received: 189
So someone needs to shoot you down in order to go in.
Good Orderly Direction, It is What it is until it isn't anymore.

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 2 months ago #163330

• |111th|Acuteseal
  • Thank you received: 19
I have the village on my ipad mini. What exact spot in the village do you need to look for the tunnels in?
If you can't shoot 'em, fly around like crazy.
He may fly terribly, but beware his parachute.

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 2 months ago #163332

• |111th|Acuteseal
  • Thank you received: 19
Here's an aerial pic, just put a dot where the entrance is.
If you can't shoot 'em, fly around like crazy.
He may fly terribly, but beware his parachute.
Attachments:

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 1 month ago #168594

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

McFate wrote: Hopefully someone will have a good aerial pic of the town.

I used to park in the right spot so when someone shot me down I could go into the chute and my soldier would spawn inside the opening. I've got a pic of my plane parked in the spot but it may take a while to find it.

Good news!

i found out that some phones were running out of memory when displaying all those, so i had to remove them temporarily... they should be back on 4.4.41

The village is back!

I tried to show some newer players where the village underground entrance is but they kept missing the gate with their bombs! :P I had to leave for dinner so I don't know if they ever managed to get it open.

It's the gate on the building directly ***** ** *** ****. A direct hit with a bomb from a plane (not a tank shot) will open it and it will stay open for the same amount of time that it takes for the bridge to repair it's self. (It does not look like it is open).

When I went in with Paul we were both soldiers and someone else bombed it. I just followed him. At first he disappeared but then I "fell through" and we were in. We lost connection with everyone else and it was just us. The only way I've made it in without Paul is by getting shot down while parked in the right spot (behind the same building) and spawning inside. I think that is how Paul used to get his tank in there.

(Sorry for the edit: ***** , after posting this, I was reminded that Paul wants to preserve some mystery and not make it too easy to find. I already showed some people which building and which gate it is)

If you can't figure it out from this, just read all of Paul's original posts and you should be able to get a clue how it all works. ;)

I think that is where Paul's memorial belongs. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe, Gizmo., [*M]VonHuLK, ZebraUp, King of the Skys

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 1 month ago #168704

• [NLR]AceL!nk
  • Fly Free! Shoot Straight !
  • Thank you received: 76
Hey McFate, yes you did show us lol , we almost had a direct hit but the players in there thought it was a hoot to shoot us (sitting ducks) e very chance they got, lol. O'well Thank you for the info. and if's it's there we'll get it sooner or later, bye the way awesome flying with you . Keep It Up! ;)

P.S. Just want to let you know we're not telling anyone so Mum's the word! :pinch:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, knmh

Last edit: by [NLR]AceL!nk.

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 1 month ago #168714

• [TFL] Robert33
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Hoot Hoot Shoot
  • Thank you received: 411
I need to read a bit more... I've been searching for Paul's tunnels and I just found out that someone has to bomb the entrance to open it... :S

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 1 month ago #168857

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
  • Thank you received: 5075

McFate wrote:

Good news!

The village is back!

I tried to show some newer players where the village underground entrance is but they kept missing the gate with their bombs! :P I had to leave for dinner so I don't know if they ever managed to get it open.

It's the gate on the building directly ***** ** *** ****. A direct hit with a bomb from a plane (not a tank shot) will open it and it will stay open for the same amount of time that it takes for the bridge to repair it's self. (It does not look like it is open).

When I went in with Paul we were both soldiers and someone else bombed it. I just followed him. At first he disappeared but then I "fell through" and we were in. We lost connection with everyone else and it was just us. The only way I've made it in without Paul is by getting shot down while parked in the right spot (behind the same building) and spawning inside. I think that is how Paul used to get his tank in there.

(Sorry for the edit: ***** , after posting this, I was reminded that Paul wants to preserve some mystery and not make it too easy to find. I already showed some people which building and which gate it is)

If you can't figure it out from this, just read all of Paul's original posts and you should be able to get a clue how it all works. ;)

Mr. McFate, I know you mean well, but...

A big part of the thrill of discovery is, well...the thrill of discovering something. Y'know? If there actually were these alleged tunnels, and if they actually could be accessed by the correct sequence of bombing (or not) an entrance (or not) then being in the correct place (or...) it's a little anticlimactic to just haul off and tell people. Mind you, I am not admitting to the existence of any such hidden tunnelly stuff, I'm simply suggesting that finding the nonexistent tunnels on one's own was/is a much bigger thrill than having someone draw you a diagram. The village is an obvious puzzle. The bridge building, which was the railroad terminus, is another. The mere fact that the railroad has been gone from the Dogfight terrain for months but the main train station (and flying trees!) can still be found in the middle of nowhere should be more than enough of a clue by itself. I'm sure you get my point.

Again, I know you're just trying to help. I was less than happy with Paul when he first created this thread but I still love you both. Now get your freakin' kids off my freakin' train station lawn.

--w--

Wigipedia
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 1 month ago #168862

• [TFL] muziki1
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 180
Thank you sir.

But I have to say, I actually landed on the bridge for the first time today, When quite, to correctly told to get bombing again. But I swear I could see an opening although it was on the far end of the bridge. [ with my skills the near end look dodgy.] But I reacon a tank could get in there. Trouble is. I can't drive the b...y things. YET...... :)

Last edit: by [TFL] muziki1.

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 1 month ago #168880

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Wigbomb wrote:

McFate wrote:

Good news!

The village is back!

Mr. McFate, I know you mean well, but...

A big part of the thrill of discovery is, well...the thrill of discovering something. Y'know? If there actually were these alleged tunnels, and if they actually could be accessed by the correct sequence of bombing (or not) an entrance (or not) then being in the correct place (or...) it's a little anticlimactic to just haul off and tell people. Mind you, I am not admitting to the existence of any such hidden tunnelly stuff, I'm simply suggesting that finding the nonexistent tunnels on one's own was/is a much bigger thrill than having someone draw you a diagram. The village is an obvious puzzle. The bridge building, which was the railroad terminus, is another. The mere fact that the railroad has been gone from the Dogfight terrain for months but the main train station (and flying trees!) can still be found in the middle of nowhere should be more than enough of a clue by itself. I'm sure you get my point.

Again, I know you're just trying to help. I was less than happy with Paul when he first created this thread but I still love you both. Now get your freakin' kids off my freakin' train station lawn.

--w--

Okay wig,

So, let me get this straight, the underground has the same status as the "real" flying tank and the p51 (which may or may not exist :P ) ? I was under the impression these were supposed to be part of a future update and were not some big secret. Apparently they are only for the "insiders" and those who stumble upon them? Fine! I always feel "the more the merrier" but I don't want t to step on any toes here. I suppose the entrance would be moved again or closed; like the ones at the bridge seem to be, if too many people find it.

Feel free to edit my posts if I say too much here. I will not give away the alleged secret to the alleged any thing without the proper approval of the alleged secret dog fight society. :dry: :P

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 1 month ago #168890

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The "real" flying tank:

Or the German Rockwells in this vid:

The train:

[M]TBUILT wrote: Every corner it's off the tracks or hovering above the tracks! And game play is slow.

So like these, the tunnels are probably just a "leftover" from the developement stage. ;)

Unfortunately, this is the only picture from inside that I know of:

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: Someone took this screenshot a while ago of one way to get to the underground tunnels that Paul found! Happy Hunting!

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 1 month ago #169173

• [NLR]AceL!nk
  • Fly Free! Shoot Straight !
  • Thank you received: 76
All this tunnel talk , Well here's a shot of Tey and myself falling thru the floor..lol

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 1 month ago #169174

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
Who the hell.been in my cave. I'll bite your heads off. The mad rabbit

Last edit: by darraxx.

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 1 month ago #169204

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411
Lol dude, that was hilarious. Do another!
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 1 month ago #169244

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Okay, so here are some pics of part of the underground. Not Paul's tunnels but a part that is easier to get into.

A crack as seen from the air:

I went back (in the winter) on foot to see if I could explore the crevasse.

Blob gave me a wise warning but I did not heed his advice!

Curiosity got the best of me.

I got too close....

And fell in!

In complete horror I looked up to see the German base shrink away far above me!

(Right side ¾ way up)

I knew I was a gonner!

I managed to get one more pic for posterity before I fell to my death in the placid blue beneath the dogfight underground!

And then I respawned! :blink:

(Special thanks to ZeEK T}{ E FrE@k of Legends squad for finding the fissure and understanding the connection to Paul's tunnels.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyNade

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 1 month ago #169288

• GreyNade
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • AKA LEGENDS |Zeek The Fre@k • [LF]*Z FrE@k*
  • Thank you received: 158
I think McFate i hav found one more crack..I will show it to u later..!!
And one more think its Zeek not Zeke..LOL xD
But when i got myself in it i wad just going down...down...down...Crashed!
Thtz wht happened with me!
I Am a FrE@k...!!!

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 1 month ago #169323

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Check out the tiny little bridge!

B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyNade

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 1 month ago #169391

• [M]FOX#1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Thank you received: 3804
Can I please make a request to you all.
I come home to my den after a long day of shooting planes,
And I curl up and try to get a good nap,
When im constantly getting whoke up by people snooping around my den. :angry:
Can you please have some respect for my privacy and ....

KEEP OUT :angry:
:P

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 10 years 1 month ago #169449

• GreyNade
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • AKA LEGENDS |Zeek The Fre@k • [LF]*Z FrE@k*
  • Thank you received: 158
gj McFate !!!
now we got to go there and yup i hav got another crack!! ii will show it to u ..!! B)
I Am a FrE@k...!!!

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 9 years 8 months ago #207901

• phoenix22
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 174
Very interesting...
I'm a flaming chicken

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 9 years 8 months ago #208067

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1709

McFate wrote: Here are some pics of the old town (from th "All Squad Circus" thread) Some guys were going for a tunnel expedition. Unfortunately there is no good pic showing a reference so wou can figure out where it was. It looks like they found the entrance but were having trouble getting in.

Manfred wrote: Flew over to the town during a DF game. Thundermustang was there, walking inside a building, looking for Flymagic's Underground Tunnels lol.

Here you can see his feet under the building, when I look from my plane, up from below ground level.

Here we are inside a building. You can go behind those stairs. Click on the pic to see the whole thing.

Once behind those stairs, I exited onto the first outside step. But I couldn't go anywhere.

Alright i havent found the tunnels yet but here are some pictures of the town and a mysterious hangar by the german carrier

Attachments:

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 9 years 8 months ago #208069

• phoenix22
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Planes do not fit inside it,and it isn't accessible from a tank
I'm a flaming chicken

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 9 years 8 months ago #208070

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

phoenix22 wrote: Planes do not fit inside it,and it isn't accessible from a tank

then go in as a pilot

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 9 years 8 months ago #208108

• 111th|Royal Flush
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Play your cards, show us what you've got...
  • Thank you received: 590

phoenix22 wrote: Planes do not fit inside it,and it isn't accessible from a tank

tanks actually CAN fit inside that....ive done it. I may have a picture but it will take some time to find.

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 9 years 8 months ago #208474

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4459
Following the clear directions given in the earlier post, I managed to fly into the tunnel, and follow it for about 2 or 2 km.
This is what I saw.

What do you think it was?
50 points for a good guess.
-50 for guessing the obvious answer.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 9 years 8 months ago #208653

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Me and phoenix had some fun and explored the village but... I got stuck on the first step lol what houses can you go inside?
Attachments:

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 9 years 8 months ago #208660

• phoenix22
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Him doing the robot pushed me off the stairs,still haven't been in the tunnels yet,but looking forward to it. Zup we need a jump button
I'm a flaming chicken

"DOGFIGHT Underground: An Adventure" 9 years 8 months ago #208661

• phoenix22
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
There is a bath in the middle of the town
I'm a flaming chicken

Time to create page: 0.617 seconds